Newbie question and comment

JWW

I bought SC recently and am having great fun w/it. Playing the Axis from 1939, I haven't won yet but have done better in each of 3 games. I don't want to ask strategy questions, because I want to figure some of these things out on my own, but I have one question:

Is there a way to move quickly past the intro music on the initial screen? I click on new game or save game and have to wait a minute for the music to stop. I've tried enter, escape, space, click, etc., nothing works. How do I get past the initial music?

As for a comment, I've seen several comparisons of this game to Third Reich. As a longtime wargamer -- longer than you want to know -- I think the game also has similarities to another Avalon Hill game, Hitler's War. Some of you may remember that was a neat little game of WWII Europe with a big emphasis on production and research. Much simpler than Third Reich and not as good, but it was fun to play, at least for me.

I bought SC recently and am having great fun w/it. Playing the Axis from 1939, I haven't won yet but have done better in each of 3 games. I don't want to ask strategy questions, because I want to figure some of these things out on my own, but I have one question:

Is there a way to move quickly past the intro music on the initial screen? I click on new game or save game and have to wait a minute for the music to stop. I've tried enter, escape, space, click, etc., nothing works. How do I get past the initial music?

As for a comment, I've seen several comparisons of this game to Third Reich. As a longtime wargamer -- longer than you want to know -- I think the game also has similarities to another Avalon Hill game, Hitler's War. Some of you may remember that was a neat little game of WWII Europe with a big emphasis on production and research. Much simpler than Third Reich and not as good, but it was fun to play, at least for me.

Originally posted by JWW:

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the game! The sound issue you have encountered is known issue on some systems that do not allow asynchronous wav file playback. Locate the file called 'SC.ini', it will be located in your Strategic Command installation folder and change the line 'sound interrupt = 0' to 'sound interrupt = 1'. This should solve the issue for you.

If you have any further Tech issues please do not hesitate to post to the Strategic Command Tech Support Forum found here:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=22

Hubert

Originally posted by JWW:

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the game! The sound issue you have encountered is known issue on some systems that do not allow asynchronous wav file playback. Locate the file called 'SC.ini', it will be located in your Strategic Command installation folder and change the line 'sound interrupt = 0' to 'sound interrupt = 1'. This should solve the issue for you.

If you have any further Tech issues please do not hesitate to post to the Strategic Command Tech Support Forum found here:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=22

Hubert