strategic command pacific theater?

jc

Originally posted by Friar Bellows:

I'd actually prefer a US Civil War game. The scale would have to go down, but I think it would fun. Whip those damned Yankees or teach those crazy Rebels a lesson. ;)

But for now, I'd just like to see improvements to what is admittedly a good game already.

In case you aren't aware, check this site out for the upcoming revamped version of the old "American Civil War" game.....

http://www.adanaccommandstudies.com/IntroRFSTAIV.html

I hear yah on the global thing. I just broke out my Milton Bradley Axis & Allies" from deep storage. Hmmm...Looks like only the major Pacific island clusters are represented. They could like have a MPP of 1, or disrupt supply. War in Siberia is pretty good thinking, assumes the Japanese might fan out of Manchuria....bak to A &A ...and look...South America....a haven for my untersee boots (I did say boots) would be more useful against the Allied navies

I hear yah on the global thing. I just broke out my Milton Bradley Axis & Allies" from deep storage. Hmmm...Looks like only the major Pacific island clusters are represented. They could like have a MPP of 1, or disrupt supply. War in Siberia is pretty good thinking, assumes the Japanese might fan out of Manchuria....bak to A &A ...and look...South America....a haven for my untersee boots (I did say boots) would be more useful against the Allied navies

Hearts of Iron is going to be similiar to their sister game Europa Universalis. While it can be considered real time, you'll be able to slow the game down to perform all of your actions then speed it up again. The game does play fast as you can speed up the time to cover months in a matter of minutes, and since EU games cover hundreds of years and is very playable, there wont be a problem converting it to WWII era. I am looking forward to it but I wonder how you will be able to manage it as easily as EU. In EU you start off in one geographical area and then expand. But in HOI you will be flitting about all over the map (Europe, Pacific ect). I wonder how you will be able to remember all you have to do even when the game is slowed to a snails pace....we'll just have to see......looking forward to it though...

[ August 26, 2002, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: J Wagner ]