Airforce Dominance

Jeff21

The more I play other users the more obvious it is that the player with the most airforce wins.

Could a patch be made to limit either the power or number of airforce that a country can made.

Maybe the creaters of SC2 could take a week or two off to create this patch. When your a couple of years past due another 2 weeks isnt going to matter. (Sorry but I couldnt help myself)

Thanks

Reducing the initial attack range and spotting range of air fleets in SC1 would have helped alot while being easy to implement.

Why easy to implement? It would have involved changing only 2 values: Attack Range and Spotting Range for air fleets. No additional code would have been required.

PS: This is being done for SC2.

[ January 16, 2006, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Airfleets don't dominate as much as you think. Good amount of ground units can kill Airfleets if you know what you're doing... That along with smart tactical decisions starving the Airforce rich opponent to death. on Average by Barby I win with 7 Airfleets.. Perhaps adding an 8th or 9th into that campaign... To bust Russian cities.

seeing 10 or 15 airfleets is disheartening but you've done something very wrong or the opponent has too many air and not enough land and you should exploit this

Yep, Liam is correct, airfleets are not the über-unit of the game: they are required, but in proportionate amounts.

If the Axis has played well, when Barbarossa begins, Allies have some edge on MPP-income (Allies perhaps 480+136+180=796, and Axis could have 550+140=690), but Axis have more accrued units and experience. The Axis amount of units is that great, that without a significant bid to help Allies/Russia, the Axis will win. Of course, if your play proceeds along these lines, you will need a bid to balance the game.

But over-concentrating on AFs will detorioarate your game. Once the fronts go from North to South in Russia, and similarly in France at the same time, both parties need to have ground units for that. Otherwise one can push through and make cheap attacks on the too many AFs, which in turn is very costly for the owner of the AFs.