Keeping the Hordes Off the New Carpet

SuperTed

In an ongoing effort to help Hubert find things to fix ( :rolleyes: ), I have completed all six campaigns as the Axis. Each one of them is a unique and fun experience. Of course, my preference is the 1939 campaign because I prefer to make my own mistakes along the way. ;)

Anyway, I just finished the 1944 campaign on the default settings. Initially, the pressure was intense and I felt like my lines were going to collapse everywhere. Fortunately, I was able to stem the tide and even throw the Allies out of Western Europe. They returned, but I was in the process of giving them the heave ho again {they only held Brest ( :D ) at the end}.

In Italy, things stayed essentially the same, with the exception of one Allied breakthrough. Kesselring was able to contain the situation and establish a new defensive line the Allies were unable to breach.

In the East...well, the initial push by the Soviets was overwhelming. My plan called for a delaying action while I countered aggressively in the West. This worked, but I was slowly being pushed back toward Germany. Eventually, the defenses held and the Red Menace was stopped cold! Of course, I suspected my thin grey line was like a dam, holding back an immense amount of pressure. This picture confirmed my fears. :eek:

The scenarios are loads of fun and the editor will allow you to do essentially anything you'd like to see.

Enjoy! smile.gif

[ July 20, 2002, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

Super Ted, you are a teasing bastich to the end!

Have to post that for all us slobering masses, who now wait for that which only the precious few have...

I think your a very sick fellow... ;)

Aloid

"The previous statement, was probably intended as a joke. It in no way is meant to infringe on the rights Americans have under the first ammendment, Canadians, under whatever ammendment (the beer act of 1803?), or anyone living in any other country, with it's attendant ammendments (better beer acts, and the like)."

Aloid,

Actually, I just wanted to let you guys know this game is definitely worth the wait. Also, just because it's gold doesn't mean HBB (Hubert and the Beta Boys) is done with it. On the contrary, we are hard at work trying to tweak the gameplay and resolve issues that have been raised here and elsewhere.

Yes, I'll be resuming my AAR shortly. That should help (a little). ;)

Main issue I still have after playing the gold demo is that suicidal german north atlantic sub who insists on coming and attacking my fleet around England every single game. Doesn't he have better things to do than die for the Furher?

On the plus side. Did you tweak the naval aggressiveness for England? Man, I went for Sea Lion and they came swarming out unlike the beta when they'd mainly hang back until I landed. Two BBs even ran the channel to get to some units I was about to drop off near London. Big improvement. Makes it much harder to accomplish Sea Lion quickly when the AI uses the British fleet aggressively.

As originally posted by SuperTed:

Also, just because it's gold doesn't mean HBB (Hubert and the Beta Boys) is done with it. On the contrary, we are hard at work trying to tweak the gameplay and resolve issues that have been raised here and elsewhere.

ST, does that mean for an eventual patch? Or, SC-2? Or can you still change the game that will be published and sent out on or about August 5th?

Originally posted by Immer Etwas:

ST, does that mean for an eventual patch? Or, SC-2? Or can you still change the game that will be published and sent out on or about August 5th?[/QB]

IE,

Since the game has gone gold, there will be no changes to it. As Hubert has stated previously, if patches are found to be needed, they will be done. About SC2, that's Hubert's call.

Originally posted by Carl Von Mannerheim:

Thats why we need to extend the war indefinantly until an outcome is decided.

I dont know about that.From the start of 39 time ticks away and the Germans get weaker as the allies get stronger.That will get you a German defeat in most cases.I think just surving as german could be a challange.

Like you say, you hands are done for and only have your little finger left smile.gif time is against the kraut.

I made my mind up on that one after looking at the Red Horde in superteds picture.