Trouble sleeping

Cheesehead

Ever since I started playing SC PBEM, I can't fall asleep at night without replaying SC in my head. Invasions of Norway, Panzers across the Steppes and tech 3 jets are all dancing through my mind, sometimes for hours before the lids get heavy. Anyone else have this happen? Any recommendations? I've tried counting sheep, but they soon turn into infantry corps lined up along the Dneiper.

I've had insomnia for decades, partly because of working midnight shifts most of my life.

The best thing is to get one of those brandy snifters about the size of a small goldfish bowl. Splash a little French cognac into it, not much, maybe a pint. Sip it slowly being sure to get your schnoz inside so you can pass out from inhaling the vapors.

If you don't drowsy after a reasonable period of time repeat the above steps till you're ready to doze off.

And don't skimp, be certain you've got a decent size bottle with plenty in reserve for medicinal purposes.

If even that fails, go online, come to this Forum and hit search. Look up JerseyJohn and read some of my old Threads, you'll be snoring in no time guaranteed. :D

[ March 09, 2004, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Best thing to do in this situation if you cannot sniff Booze tongue.gif John, you're a bad influence! Teehee <gotta try that one time, maybe it'll clear my Sinuses, I suffer from atrocious Indoor and Spring Allergies>

Play SC with us Night OWLs on ICQ till 5 AM... You'll be so bloody dead by the 5th or 6th hour you'll wanna sleep!

Beer lots of beer - and quit playing PBEM. Go IP until the game is a 'dance' and less insperation. Then you will sleep fine, knowing all the moves and not needing to think about whats the other guy is doing.

PBEM in nice (about all I play now) But IP is the BOMB.

Jersey,

Yes the Brandy method. I would like the cognac but I dont have that much money like you... smile.gif

Of course we know that Brandy/Cognac is the only liquor from the fruit of the vine. Its just wine done the right way.

"Every try 40 sleeping pills?" --- Lt. Dunbar to the German Kommandant in the movie Stalog 17.

3206.GIF

Who sleeps anyways? I had to set my alarm clock to 2:00 a.m. to play Terif. Seriously, if you can't sleep, might as well get up & play SC, but you will pay for it the next day.

Liam

It's great for clearing up the sinuses -- just one of the many health endearing effects. Yes, in medication I've always found the old fashioned natural methods, like swilling booz, to always be the best.

Curry

Brandy is also fine -- though I prefer it with caviar and pheasant under glass. :D