The greatest profiles in the forum - Kuni's forum awards

Kuniworth

Comrade

They were a riot. One insane insinuation after another. smile.gif

Kuni The six locked Threads in one single block has to be some sort of record.

I think people will be talking about this, your most recent and most regal parade [pg 1], for a long time to come.

[ May 23, 2003, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

It ended only ended when Moon had to lock another one of Kuniworth's threads and said that he would ban us all if we continued this and that we were ruining his christmas season. I miss the days when Rambo was the Number 1 player, he made America proud. Now Terif is Number 1, but that won't last forever..... GOD SAVE RAMBO!

[ May 23, 2003, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

But Rambo wasn't posting during that accusation frenzy, he was on vacation. After a while I congratulated Kuni on blowing the whole thing wide open and started posting in an imitation Rambo style in his absense. They weren't as good as his real entries, but as I said later, it was more fun being the fake Rambo than the real JerseyJohn! smile.gif

[ May 23, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Sure I remember that, it was a classic --

But Rambo wasn't posting during Kuniworth's tirade. I kept waiting for Rambo to make an entry but he didn't -- which Kuni said proved beyond a doubt that I was the trinity since I was the only one of the three posting.

CvM kept making entries to prove I was only me and nobody else, but Kuni kept unearthing new "facts" to prove his case.

That was when I confessed to all and put Rambo-like trailers on my next bunch of entries.

[ May 23, 2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

i hate to tell you guys this, but i could have gone my whole life and not been upset for missing these deja vu posts! :rolleyes:

reminds me of patton on the eve of him being sent overseas in 42. he went to the hospital and visited "black jack" pershing, to get his blessings. pershing told him all of the "rah-rah" stuff, and then he went quiet, and told patton that he was really disappointed that they (the leading war dept. generals) didnt come and ask him for his advice anymore. patton said it was very sad to see his old friend in that shape.

ah... the good old days

disorder

You didn't read the posts we're having de ja vu about, only our comments on them.

If you'd read the posts themselves, from six months ago, you'd probably enjoy them. A lot of people didn't, I did. Those who didn't had no reason to either read them or get upset by them or make any comment at all, it was just a few posters having some fun. It didn't call for that Thank You Moon nonsense -- which is just being sanctimonious at someone else's expense.

In the end moon locked them up, as we knew he would, but so what?

To be honest I'm sorry the subject was brought back. It was a personal memory we shared and now, apparently, it's open season for the whole thing to be urinated upon. Again. It's a shame people can't have fun here without also being seen as playing the role of a fool. I guess there's something about the term fooling around that implies only fools do it. Which is also a shame, because from what I've seen everyone does it at some point or other.

Interesting stuff about Patton and Pershing. Pershing managed to make a lot of enemies, FDR was one of them. He had numerous good points but he was basically old fashioned.

It was during Pershing's tenure as Chief of Staff that Brigadier General Billy Mitchell was courtmartialed for going too far in showing how powerful a modern Air Force could be. Why court martial one of the world's greatest tactical innovators. The truth is the Army and Navy of the 1920s was staffed by short sighted backwards looking fatheads. And old Blackjack was their chief. That's why nobody asked his opinion in 1940 and 1941, what was he supposed to tell them, bring back horses?

He was followed by MacArthur who was much younger and much more forward looking but had no concience. In 1928 he exceeded Herbert Hoover's orders to move the World War One Veterans back from the White House vicinity and interpreted it to mean drive them completely out of D. C..

His two assistants were Majors Dwight Eisenhower and George Patton. Eisenhower moved orders from Mac to the various very reluctant troops on the scene. Patton treated the whole thing as though he were fighting a hostile army instead of his former comrades in arms.

The whole episode was an ugly blot on the U. S. Army and the nearest this country has ever come to having an incident volitile enough to spark a revolution! The whole country was in terrible shape and MacArthur never gave any thought to what might have occurred if his troops refulsed to act against the displaced Veterans. But Hoover thought about that. He withdrew to the White House and tried to figure out what to do next if things went wrong.

When it was all over Hoover began easing MacArthur out of the Army and into the Phillipines as a special adviser. FDR completed the transition, replacing him George C. Marshall. Once in the Phillipines MacArthur accepted the rank of Fieldmarshal from the quasi autonomous Manilla Government.

All off topic, but at this point I don't remember what the topic was anyway and that's probably just as well.

[ May 23, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

jerseyjohn

did read the posts, before i commented and enjoyed them immensely! regarding my post insinuating that you were all a bunch of lame old codgers about to die...i have to get that inflection that means "sarcasm" down in my typing. sorry, havent perfected that one yet. perhaps as we discussed before, an emoticon for this!

the posts do give a good background as to what went on and why things are where they are now. i know what you mean though.

disorder

Didn't mean to come off being so belicose, especially in that one sentence.

Reading those old Threads that were brought back as a joke conjured up some good memories and some not so good memories.

Also, you just drove me out of Spain and Gibraltar in our game -- naturally I'm cranky now! :D

My apologies.

[ May 23, 2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]