Z-League house rule votings. EVERY Z-LEAGUE PLAYER PLEASE VOTE.

zappsweden

Dragon:

In all my games, the bidding and house rules didn't make a difference to the winner. The Winner was decided besides a few MPPs edited in..It was the best player won, and was just forced to play harder.Rambo has never tried the Rome invasion even when it was legal vs me so I have never had to see that. Though he did a nasty thing with Turkey and Spain once..

>in the end? What am I going to do, create a thousand rules or just let people go with their gut? To do what is wrong and what is right? You can't police these boys, what you need to do is let them create their own personal blacklist with each other. i.e. I'm not going to play that guy again, he only plays to gambitwin...

P.S. What about the English Gambit tongue.gif ? so far I haven't once been stopped...

[ November 09, 2003, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Liam ]

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

I see many different opinions here....i dont think we will get a result out of this vote.

Let´s state all open points and the players should decide it on theirselves when playing each other.

What?

It is pretty obvious. For every suggested house rule there is a "Yes" or "No". If more than 50% vote "Yes"then the rule is included in Z-League.

Liam

You are rite.. the better player will win ...not always but in most cases.

Principally i dont´t need any houserule too, but i will ask my oppenents in future if they want to have some and which ones regardless of the outcome of the vote.

Zapp

If you make a vote and its 6:5 in favour of the rule means that 6 player want that rule and 5 not so 5 people will be unhappy with this houserule.

A vote is a vote and so shall it be ....but it´s everybodies own decision to arrange another solution with his opponent.

Zapp:

I think what you're after is a system of which all can be judged by that is relatively fair and even balanced.Well of course you know you're going to step on many toes in figuring this setup out so to speak. Some me feel alienated all that they must adhere to a few simple rules since say for instance; amphibious landings on the same turn as you DOW a major seems to make no real sense. As historically I'm certian surprise was everything? Problem you get with this is that every other gamey tactic is that can be used regardless is lined up like a dirty dozen to be shot. We all sit there staring, bah, dah, and wah....Stop that for me, and do this for me, and so on and so forth... it gets to be a drag

Fact is a lot of this 'figuring out' how to counter enemy moves can be done by the Player and not the Mediator of the boards. Regardless if it's gamey. I don't think you can eliminate the gamey tactics. You could go as far as to say massing 14 level 4 jets against Russia in '41 is Gamey? Invading Every Neutral there is? lining up an amount of corpse<sp> tongue.gif along the Russian front 4 times thick??? How the heck was this managed?

The thing that will consistently happen with gameplay my friend is all players will reach forth for the set of rules they like best. That will be what they play with and you will not alienate anyone to have it that way. It'll basically decide itself.

The top 5 players are likely not to adhere to the same the rest are I've noticed... I've been introduced to new things I didn't even use before by Terif-Rambo-You...So that's how things will run that's how things should run, via gameplay