EUROS win Ryder Cup 2003

jon_j_rambo

OR maybe you Euros are just chicken
Chicken? I'll have you know every war of any note (apart from the US Civil War, but the US is a European colony anyway smile.gif ) was begun by "Euros". We are the most bloodthirsty people on the planet. :D

Jersey

Now that's a chicken :eek:

CC

Glad you like that chicken and also glad you made that other remark; if someone on this side of the Atlantic had said it there'd be an uproar! ;)

On various occasions, both here and at the General Forum, I've poked fun at the Germans with things like, you can't have a really good war without them. To my surprise I've always thanked for those remarks!

The wise old Iron Chancellor himself!

ottoengrave.jpg

[ October 02, 2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Well to me they should have won World War One. Who knows, the World might have been better off as in no World War II, Cold War, etc. But than if France had gone Fascist because of a harsh treaty imposed by Germany......... :D

[ October 02, 2003, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Panzer39 ]

Well to me they should have won World War One. Who knows, the World might have been better off as in no World War II, Cold War, etc. But than if France had gone Fascist because of a harsh treaty imposed by Germany.........
Yeah and then it's the French we've got to sort out. Still, it might have proved easier in the long run. smile.gif

From what I've read that was Winston Churchill's view between the wars, that it would have been better for everyone if Germany had accepted the Anglo/French peace offering after Germany had concluded the Treaty of Brest Litovsk with Bolsheivik Russia.

That would not have meant an Allied defeat because Germany would have vacated French and Belgian territory while holding their new territories in the East.

According to Churchill's essay on the matter, Ludendorff felt he had to go for total vicotory and, though the Kaiser wanted to end it, Ludendorff was a virtual dictator and Wilhelm II didn't have the personal stregnth to stop him.

The offered terms were very liberal and even agreed to return the African colonies to Germany. The stumbling block was Eastern Belgium, which both the Kaiser and those around him felt should be part of Germany. So, for that little territory, half of Belgium, Germany forfeited half of Europe! not to mention, ultimately, it's own sovereignty.

There's something incredibly absurd about such reasoning.

[ October 02, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]