Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Air / river Bug?

Hueristic

K in short i've read that hubert says rivers do not half air units. It seems to be the concensus that they DO. I certainly believe it from experience. HUBERT please drop into debug mode and recheck that calc will you?

AS with anything with a randomness it is hard to determine these factors without a debug session but i have been told and believe from my observations that these issues do exist and should probally be addressed.

Sorry for the extra work ;)

[ February 13, 2003, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Hueristic ]

You are wrong. Both the calculated loss and the actual loss strongly indicates that it does not matter.

You have to test your assumption before writing it here on the forum. I have also been carried away sometimes and made assumptions that proved to have other explanations.

Simply test it by modifying a scenario and give both allies and axis 3-4 air fleets each and equal hq. I did some tests and saw no difference when attacking from rivers.

Originally posted by zappsweden:

You have to test your assumption before writing it here on the forum.

Normally I do "test" my assumpsions. But in this Case TERIF assured me that HE tested this. And since his results Equated to my Obsevances I concur unless HUBERT tells me he is positive it is otherwise, Which is to say that he checked the calc. Which obviousley we are unable to do.

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

Mr H. does a lot more playing than I do and more than most others so I'd strongly consider his opinions regarding quirks and other game anomalies.

Thanks for the good werd man ;)

Unfortunately with a randomness factor it would be unconclusive to run tests unless they were of a massive proportion which i don't wish to waste the time on. Hopefully Hubert can give a final word on this. I'd really like to know. As i've seen him state that it is not written that way if it is so then it would have to be classified as a bug. And we would have to adjust play accordingly as with the SUB BUG and the Carreir BUG.

Originally posted by Hueristic:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by zappsweden:

You have to test your assumption before writing it here on the forum.

Normally I do "test" my assumpsions. But in this Case TERIF assured me that HE tested this. And since his results Equated to my Obsevances I concur unless HUBERT tells me he is positive it is otherwise, Which is to say that he checked the calc. Which obviousley we are unable to do. </font>

Hubert is right. I just tested it again and found for attacking airfleets there is no difference between river and normal terrain. I am sure there was a difference for the expected combat results in my last test, but I guess that was before the patch...

Question for you testers:

The manual says that jet research only affects air attacks and air defense. It shouldn't do anything to improve attacks vs. tanks, armies, or corps. (besides about a 8% increase in damage per each extra max strength achieved).

In my experience, jet research seems to affect all attacks.

Is this a bug?

Comments and experiences from others would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

I did check the code and as stated rivers do not half air units including Air Fleets, Strategic Bombers as well as Rocket Detachments.

Hubert

THX for the Quich Reply and Clarification. Saves me from changeing unit positions on Low border. smile.gif