Ryder Cup AAR : Terif & Rambo, the heavyweight division

jon_j_rambo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IronRanger --- I made two major bad moves. During Fall Weiss, I was doing very good...until I got greedy. The Luftwaffe was beaten up, & I sent the RAF/Carriers to get a kill & mabye win the game early. What happened? I got headcracked & gave up the early ground obtained.

Later in the game, I landed USA ground troops too son into Brest. Terif had a powerful Italian Navy & plenty of ground/air to welcome me. It turned into a big exhange of pieces. And as you know the Allies can only slug it out so long.

Iron Ranger:

Allies attacked very aggressively and lost very much. Especially in Russia they killed 5 german tanks and more, but in the counter they usually lost twice as much. And Russia cant bear such losses very long.

With 3500 mpp they can buy a lot at the start, but they have not the mpp later to buy new strong units. So every lost army/tank is gone forever and cant be replaced.

And Rambo already mentioned: he landed too early in France and without Hq. Western allies had time, cause Russia was quite strong thanks to the bid, but they didnt wait for the right moment.

Additionally, carriers are useless against german air without tech. So they were easily killed in the last battle. Without tech they have to be very careful not to be destroyed...

Great Game, as always, from both of you.

--

Word of General Rambo's defeat reaches the downcast USA HQ. Vowing to avenge their leader, they continue the fight with renewed determination.

fw-americans-parker-grant.jpg

[ August 18, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Some_God

Your mother isn't alone, I get lost every time I put my car in drive! And those signs aren't far from the truth for this place.

In New Jersey if you want to go left you do so with a right turn. They use a nit-wit jughandle system that is incomprehensible to anyone other than people who have already travelled the very road they're moving on. The road signs are designed for people using binoculars and if you make a wrong turn (I can't see how anyone ever would! :D ) you're usually caught in a stupid maze of NO OUTLET signs. Wonderful, so instead of having truck traffic those streets have cars that have run out of gas and strangers knocking on their doors begging for food and water.

I was taught the local Indians were given $24 in trinkets for the Manhattan area (probably around $100 in today's pitiful currency). They should have given them an extra buck with the understanding they keep Jersey.