Ryder Cup AAR : Terif & Rambo, the heavyweight division

jon_j_rambo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early 1941 --- My little risk taking adventure in Egypt doesn't hurt or help. I sailed Frenchy holding the Suez thru the Alex-Port to back-crack Italians, he was getting shore-shelled anyways. Suez falls, Alexandria still Allied. It will fail in due time.

Royal Navy playing around near Bergen. RAF chills.

September 21, 1941:

Barbarossa has begun...

Axis DoWs Portugal, Greece(surrenders), Iraq and Russia.

All 9 border armies destroyed or cut off. Russian tank, airfleet + cruiser killed. German tanks pour into Russia, crossing the river between Riga and Minsk.

Russia starts with 3540 mpp...

[ August 18, 2003, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

October 19, 1941 (Barbarossa turn 2):

Portugal and Iraq surrender. Minor airfights in France.

German tanks move deep into Russia, cut off Riga in the north and Sevastopol in the south. Russian mine in the center taken. Kiev under attack. Strong russian forces around Minsk, Smolensk and Kharkov spotted. Russian counterattack expected...

Nov. 30, 1941 --- The Middle-Mine-Hex is the graveyard for 2nd Panzer, Russians introduce their Jets +1. I messed up donating Sevastpol to the German cause. Riga & Odessa are cut-off & doomed, not alot I can do. An attempt was made to cut-off Army-Group North which had circled Riga, but to no avail. I back the "Thin Red Line" behind Dnieper, we have forces from North to South. Terif & the Nazis will be drilling a hole somewhere.

USA fighter stationed S. London assists 3-UK fighters, & every ship that we can muster to pound Brest. British commandos take control of the Port at Brest. Fresh Green Yankee Armies are thrown into France. The Italians are bringing their boats...it could be a "Bridge To Far". FDR has no choice but to try something.

[ August 18, 2003, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

December 14, 1941:

Was it a christmas present for Allies to get Brest or a trap... ;) .

4 US armies landed without Hq. German air reduces Brest port so no reinforces or escape any more. 2 US armies heavily damaged by naval bombardment and ground attacks. Italian ships with improved Gun laying radar enter the battlefield. Strong german air and ground forces appear around Bordeaux...

In the east:

Riga and Odessa conquered. German armies and fighters move to the front, tanks reinforcing...

February 8, 1942:

Minor fights in Russia.

Allied navy retreats from Brest to protect carriers in the channel. Heavy airfights. High experienced italian ships (from Malta) bombard US armies. Brest port reduced to 0.

Seems as if Allies will let their landing forces die, no reinforcements in sight, no naval battle...German corps and armies start killing Allied forces.

March 1942 --- Allied troops cornered near Brest, taking a pounding by Axis ground & sea. USA sends Battleships & assist RAF in sinking Italian ship. Counter-attacks expected.

Germans pick on the Russian front line corps for good combat results. Thin-Red-Line is being hit hard from North to South.

Spring 1942 --- Russian "Thin-Red-Line" is just that. "When the one with the rifle gets killed..." There's ground combat across the entire line. Air combat too. Axis ships bombard NorthEnd. German tanks hit bottom end at the double-mine-hex. And every swinging dick in between.

RAF & carriers help the ground cause in France by killing German Army, but the Americans are getting drilled.

April 19, 1942:

Only 3 damaged allied units live (or better die :D ) near Brest. US battleships under air attack. Italian ships bombard US army and train...

Since most german air is in France, air war in Russia is even: 3 Lv1 russian jets against 3 german Lv0 but experienced airfleets - no luck with research during 2 years now...

Break through the "thin red line" near Minsk, some german tanks move through the gap. One tank lost near the central russian mine. Russian tank survives the counter at str 2.

[ August 18, 2003, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

May 17, 1942:

Great victory for Axis !!

Italy reached Lv2 Gun laying radar, all ships had 3-4 bars experience...

Italian battleship and german air kill 2 allied battleships and 2 carriers ! The pride of the UK navy is dead.

In the east 2 russian armies killed in a counter after they destroyed the german tank. German forces move through an additional gap near Finland and capture the empty Leningrad. Some russian forces cut off between Leningrad and Minsk. Is this the end of Allies ?