The SC2 Video

Bill101

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but could we please have the ability to pause the video (in PBEM play) in future versions.

There is nothing more annoying than watching a crucial battle on the video, and having the phone ring, or someone knock at the door etc.

Small thing, but it would be a nice feature to have.

Thanks.

I would love to see the ability to replay the game in a fast motion so you review the game to the current point in time or to review a certain series of moves by both sides in that critical series of turns that made or lost the game.Many real time games have this feature and it may not work in a turn based.

Here's a quote from a Post by the Game's Designer

quote:

-------------------------------------------------

2) In SC2, make an option to connect to someones game just for watching it.

3) In SC2, please include some kind of replay option so that the whole war can be replayed and viewed by other players too.

-------------------------------------------------

Number 2 is a maybe but number 3 is a serious consideration if all goes right

Hubert

I think a decent replay would be a dozen times more efficient than a common strategy guide too.

The more capable players could even post the files (if the files could be isolated) as sort of a series replay like is common to wargame magazines for board game analysis.

Most of the newbies will hear terms like X Gambit, and wonder, "exactly how is that Gambit even done?".

I for one have heard of house rules about play tricks that I am not even aware of how they are performed hehe.

Or when the boss ambushes you!

About the recording idea - I have a tool that might do this... It is used for software training and can record the display to a file... Lemme try it. It's not freeware, but there might be something equivalent in the public domain...

But if it works, then somebody can send me a file (with password), I could play it, make the video file, and then post it somewhere for all of you dudes...

no promises, let me check it out.