AAR SC Z-League: Zappsweden (Axis) vs Terif (Allies).

zappsweden

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

August 19, 1945:

Rocket numbers are increasing..

After one year researching with 5 chits they reached Lv3 now. Slowly gaining experience...

Axis cant attack them without triggering the Siberians ;) .

And the side that starts attacking with airfleets, will loose them immediately the next turn. Both sides have now 15+ airfleets standing in 2 rows standing out of reach of the enemy air, but close enough to attack an enemy corps to force them to intercept.

Its like in the cold war: airfleets are the deterrent weapon (similar to nukes). The side that starts the air war will loose the most.. so no one wants to start the war smile.gif

August 1945:

15 German air fleets and 1 Bomber go on the offensive. 12 Allied air units respond.

RESULT:

4 Allied air units destroyed.

2 Allied Rockets destroyed.

I am so happy that Terif spent his money on Rockets. If he had more air i could not have killed them. I could duel 12 vs 12 air and use my last 3 fresh ones kill off his damaged ones.

Russia has nothing left to do now. Their rockets cannot be used since they get destroyed. Their air decimated.

I can now reveal why I have been so passive. I was stuck on Long-Range L1 for a long, long time. I had 4 chits for more than 10 turns and 5 chits for 10 more turns. The lack of long-range prevented me from exploiting my advantage in numbers in Sweden and Russia. Now I have longer range for my air and converging attacks from long-range is now easier.

[ June 28, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Yes, LR was deadly. So Axis were able to attack US/russian airfleets directly. For the immediate counterstrike in the allied turn, Axis had some airunits left, so they didnt loose an airfleet.

But investing in airfleets wouldnt make sense for Russia. They cant attack with them, only secure the status quo, but they have to throw Axis out of russia in order to win.

[ June 28, 2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Allied airunits retreated some hexes back, hopefully out of range of Axis air..

US battleship attacking Brest, Axis ships attacking Malta.

US transports are looking for open cities. Scapa Flow was american some turns, but it was time to go now and look for a better place to live ;) .

[ June 28, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Yes, each airfleet duell costs around 250 mpp. To kill a rocket Axis needed usually 6 airfleets, that makes 1500 mpp losses per turn smile.gif .

Not even Germany can afford these losses very long...

Time to reinforce, Russia retreated most of its rockets. Except the one entrenched in the city.

July 28, 1946:

Axis throws everything into a last battle before the stalemate in 1947. It even moves some airfleets in dangerous places to spot Allied positions. But Germany has enough air: 17+ airfleets. Allies lost nothing in the first attack.

Heavy airfights in the counter and Germany looses an airfleet. A solid line of corps, armies and tanks has been built by Allies at the line Leningrad-Moskov, Voronezh, Rostov.

August 1946:

Moscow and Rostov trenches knocked down. Axis ground forces are beginning to reach the newly formed front.

One Axis air was placed up front and killed by Russian ground units. The ground units (tank and army) were ofcourse killed next turn as retaliation. One Russian HQ blown up. Sevastopol surrounded. Allied attacks on the Axis corps east of Sevastopol i.e interception duels.

[ June 28, 2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

There must be a program error or a hidden feature..

Siberians did NOT arrive in the last turns. All key cities that trigger the siberians are attacked and 3 axis units adjacent to Moskov...they should have arrived 2 turns ago.

Siberian war is off in the options.

Perhaps they dont arrive any more after a certain date ?...

However, without the Siberian: no chance to hold the line very long. I am curious if Axis reaches Ural and Caucasus before the Stalemate...