Question on using +50% to increase the AI

Hans

In a Korean scenario Junk2Drive and I are working on we've come across an oddity.

If we have tanks and infantry on the axis side and tell it to increase for the computer by +50% only the infantry increases. If we delete the infantry the armour will NOT increase, it remains the same. Anyone know what is happening? Solution?

Hi GaJ

Just did another test and it worked, the selected force was increase. This is very odd. What collection of buttons being pushed would cause athe AI NOT to be increased?

I had thought it was because I was using an exit and it wouldn't increase eligible units but even with those elim it still won't increase!

Solution: After testing various setups I found that the problem was caused by using the Panther VA model, for some reason this version of the tank will not allow pluses to the AI to multiple itself! At least in 1943 between July and December 1943 in Italy!

WEIRD

Solution is to use the Panther VD

Did I say WEIRD?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Hans:

Hi GaJ

Just did another test and it worked, the selected force was increase. This is very odd. What collection of buttons being pushed would cause athe AI NOT to be increased?

I had thought it was because I was using an exit and it wouldn't increase eligible units but even with those elim it still won't increase!

If you don't know this aleady -- when you increase the % of units in an exit scenario -- the bonus units DO NOT have the "exit for points" button toggled. So, you have extra units, but only the original units are eligible to exit for points.

This is my experience... let me know if you see otherwise.

Bannon