Rejoice!!!!!

Drat can't figure link out to actual thread location....correction learned how to do the link correctly now.

World in Flames will be a reality soon.

Ok lock this up as non SC if required. I just wanted to tell everyone (and frankly I could care less if the General forum knows, I only care about my SC buddies).

[MOON: Link removed. No advertising allowed]

[ October 21, 2003, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Moon ]

Les,

Thanks for posting this. I've checked the available material on this game months ago, liked the map, etc. and think it's a promising global approach.

I'm sure you're right about this being locked up, but actually, SC and World in Flames wouldn't be in competition with each other as they're two completely different concepts.

Yes!!!... this is very good news indeed...there have been many threads here at SC which has brought up WIF as part of SC2 wish lists...the map was always a great selling point in WIF...just a guess here, but I would be surprised if we see this game before 2006, though many of the components are already completed so, who knows?...perhaps this will prompt Battlefront to announce some SC2 news soon...I don't think SC2 will be hurt saleswise by this for as JJ rightly pointed out, two completely different games....I, like many, will probably be playing both!... smile.gif

This is good news. Matrix claims it will have an "intelligent computer opponent" which is something ADG never addressed. Having been thoroughly disappointed with HOI, I can look forward to WiF. Now if someone will just adapt A3R to the computer ... But we'll see SC2 long before that! :D

For the record, I would buy cWiF because I am the sort that wants detail, but I want wargamer detail, not that wretched garbage disguised as a wargame known as HoI.

Having cWiF though won't impact my playing SC though. I like SC because it does what it does well. I think a revamped SC (call it SC 2 or Advanced SC or whatever suits your fancy) would interest me as well too.

I like A3R but have no incentive to go beyond A3R in its design currently. I'm not totally convinced I would like the gobal design enough to merit the effort.

Besides, WiF did a fine job, so why fuss.

The beauty of SC though is in the ease of enjoyment. I am sure that even if Matrix Games ensures cWiF is done right, it will still be sooooo far ahead in complexity. And while some gamers go for complexity, I don't think they are the majority.

The world is not going to dump SC or SC2 for cWiF in my opinion.

Hey...I still went back and played Kriegspiel even after I moved on to games like Wacht am Rhein or Third Reich...there is always room for a variety of similar topic games...and since PC WWII strategic games will always be far and few between, I won't pass up the opportunity to play all of them..uh...though I wished I passed on buying Hearts of Iron.....

At my snail's pace I'll be lucky to finish my first PBEM game of cWIF before I die, or it will probably take longer than the real war. The beauty of SC is its simplicity, (right on Sarge), and I can finish it in say about 3 months with multiple games going simultaneous = > fun factor. There's a place for cWIF and SC, but they don't overlap, I'll play them both. Besides I'll take odds SC2 will be out before cWIF.

I see myself playing SC and SCII on my laptop and having WIF on my home PC....WIF will no doubt be a time intensive game to play but the beauty of SC, of course, is that you can knock off a game in a reasonably short time....here I am, making plans on how I'll deal with these games and I don't even having a clue when they'll be out....

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1:

Drat can't figure link out to actual thread location....correction learned how to do the link correctly now.

World in Flames will be a reality soon.

Ok lock this up as non SC if required. I just wanted to tell everyone (and frankly I could care less if the General forum knows, I only care about my SC buddies).

[MOON: Link removed. No advertising allowed]