Announcement - Panzerliga now international

International Panzerliga officially started !

All main parts have been translated now, all league functions implemented. Scenario/download section mostly in german, but will be translated step by step. Help always welcome – as well as constructive criticism (e.g. if you find errors or some weird ´english´ expressions smile.gif , just e-mail me or post it in the PL forum).

Panzerliga (short: PL) has been founded in 1996 and contains presently over 250 players. Online and PBEM League where you can play the games of the Panzer General series as well as Strategic Command.

At the moment we have 63 active SC players and around 50 new registered ones – so your chances to find a game there are pretty good smile.gif .

Short introduction:

- Forum and league are seperate with independent registering procedures

- it is recommended to read the rules section as well as the SC course before starting to play !

- in the player overview as well as in the different leagues you can see who speaks english, the mode they prefer (PBEM/online) and which games they play (here: if they play SC)

- To find a game you can use the „find opponents“ section under „leagues“ (mainly for PBEM/longterm searches) or the opponent finder forum where you can also meet for the game. Alternatively you can send e-mails/ICQ messages to the registered SC players.

- In PL you can either play in mirror mode (i.e. 2 games – usually with swiched sides and similar bids) or a single game (i.e. usually a bid game). All scenarios can be valuated since the points depend on how long a game needed (the more time you spent, the more points you can get).

- The winner reports the game according to the SC point valuation system (PVS), there is also a tool to calculate the points automatically, you only need to note start and end date of the game(s).

- Rules: only obligatory rule is Rome gambit forbidden, everything else is up to the players.

But take care to talk to your opponent before the game and arrange the rules you want to use (or simply say everything is allowed...). Cause if you don´t agree to house rules before the game, then to protect new/unexperienced players a set of pretty strict rules will be activated (see SC course in PL) !

- The court martial enables you to send fishy PBEM files in for an investigation on cheating. You may also appeal to the court martial if your opponent delays or disconnects (online) the game or if you have a "disciplinary complaint" concerning other offences. For PBEM you need at least the last set of turns to send them in, better is the last 3 sets – so save them until the game is finished.

- In PL new players usually can get a Godparent for the first 1-2 games. The Godparents explain to the Newbies how to do the first matches, the points system (PVS) - in brief: everything players have to know for a succesful start at the PL.

But since most current Godparents only speak german ;) , we need more english speaking veterans first who are willing to do the job smile.gif .

If you have any questions or suggestions, you can post in the PL forum. The forum is also for other discussions, to share strategies, AAR´s etc...

Have fun with Panzerliga !

Good news.

For myself I have stopped playing SCI because I burnt myself out on it. But I think the PL will be a great place when SCII comes out.

I just bought Silent hunter III and will try to learn that until Mr. H.C. finishes SCII.

• 2 weeks later...