OMG the ai can't even take poland to funny

ChinaWins999

The only way to play the AI is with FoW off, otherwise you'll get quirks like that; with it off the computer sees everything.

We're talking about strings of computer code, do you really want it to out think you?

Think of the AI as a punching bag to practice on and try out some techniques or scenarios. If you want to play a challenging game you'll need to do it against a human. Try Terif, I hear he's pretty good. ;)

"I am playing fall weiss 1939 secenrio all i did was move 4 polish army group back to the russian board and abandon the capital the germans took the ciptal and since they never spotted the polish soldiers they could not take poland this is to funny but it destroys the game for me."

Oh my god, the man thinks beating an AI makes him a great wargamer, this destroys my opinion of him smile.gif

Come on man, if your assessment of this game is based on your outsmarting a machine, you need to re evaluate how you evaluate your wargaming.

AI - Improvement Idea

If Warsaw Captured and Poland Not Surrendered then AI moves closest army or corps unit (you don't want to use an airfleet or armor unit for this) not garrisoning a city (you don't want to allow the Poles to liberate Warsaw) to North Eastern Poland Hex XXYY and moves next closest army or corps unit to south Eastern Poland Hex XXYY.

This routine should spot any polish units that are hiding in along the Russian border. Once spotted the AI will hunt them down and eliminate the resistance.

If you want a more realistic game attack Russia in July of 1940.

Russia outproduces you 2 to 1

YOu have few units, Russia has fewer units at the start and the game really moves - the only flaw in the AI is that the Brits wait too long to launch D-Day, even with FOW off and only 1 German unit in France they wait until the US enters the war.

[ November 24, 2003, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]