Quest of the Avatar /Avatar vs. Sombra

Sombra

LOL. Dragon, ich muß ein großes dokument übersetzen, Deutsch zu Englisch, 130 seiten! Weis nicht warum die können nicht jemand anderes finden :( es macht kein spaß.... in jedenfals, Sombra will gegen mir spielen, und ich hab wenig lust.... ich warte gern auf SC2.

Ok Sombra, I'll play you, but you have to promise not to make a big stink when you lose ok?

I bid 200

Hey, you know, I didn't realize, you're actually the first person to know where my alias comes from. People often believe it's an arrogant name because it means (a) God in human form (which I am). This meaning comes from India, where Avatar means the incarnation of their god Vishnu.

However, I was a HUGE Ultima fan back in the late 80's, 90's, and I played every Ultima until Ultima VIII, which sucked. I never got back into the game after that. Oh, and I collected everything about it. I even have a limited edition poster of the Avatar standing above a Gargoyle (Ultima VI). Very nice poster, although Ultima V was undoubtely the best. And yes, I do stand for all 8 virtues, except possibly Sacrifice, which I'm not great at doing (that's what my girlfriend says).

German:

Aufzug:

Elevator

Parade

Auszug:

Bank Statement

Summary

Departure

Anzug:

Suit

Abzug:

withdrawal

discount

deduction

copy

print

trigger

Atemzug:

To take a breath of air

Zug:

Train (choo-choo)

characteristic

Let's just say it's gonna be awhile before my german reaches any heights...

Yep DH, I played all those you just mentioned. Wizardry I played only 4 and 5, and M&M I didn't play 9 (yet smile.gif . I was crazy about BG, but I never finished BG 2, it was sooooo long, and I restarted 4 times to try the different characters!. Ever played 'Planescape'? Best RPG EVER. EVER. Eye of the Beholder too was fun, and all those 'golden' AD&D titles. I'm only 26 so I missed some of the really early titles, but I tried to play everything that was out anyhow.

Well i finished every of these games...and i even have some more names in my mind....Bards Tale 1-3 which will come soon (2005) on PC which was still a C64 game. Icewindtale,Lands of Lore,Pool of Radiance,Eye of Beholder i played too....yes also Platetscape Torment....Return to Krondor,Buck Rogers,...and still missing many many names........one i still have Ishar 1-3....and another one Albion...

Huh sorry wrong Forum :D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...

Stuborn defense in LC from Avatar. His corps will not die. (Bad combat) rolls. March 1941 Alexandria and Suez will be in Itlian hands. (Avatar attacked Irak). 1 carier sunk by the itlain fleet. Another one down to 5. Italian fleet won´t survive this trip though

Sombra surrenders in April 41. He should get Paris next turn, or the turn after, after losing a 3rd Pz unit. Total casualties for Axis were 4 armies, 2 Pz units, 3-4 corps, 2 AF, plus 3 Italian Ships. Russia stood at 64% readiness. Sombra gave up. BTW, I had no intention of capturing LC turn 1, it's only a setup to a superior defensive wall. Fr HQ was bought turn 3, and the armies kept on pounding whatever managed to come through. 2 UK AF were intercepting (+ Monty), so LW casualties were high. After a year however, I had to fall back, even disbanded Monty to get more corps.

Fun game, even though the action exclusively took place in LC!