AAR Iron vs Rambo - HR game port - 2chits - %readiness bid

Iron Ranger

January 1942 ---

1) Gibralter finally taken. That Italy Army Group has been in Spain a long time, but they got their mission completed.

2) No surprise, Russia has become the major battle field.

3) Germans did produce a Carrier for the MedFront, it's practicing on Malta with the Italian ships. Allies have Egypt/Iraq, but at least Gibralter was taken.

Summer 1942 ---

1) Legend breaks out in Russia, we are at the gates of Moscow, last turn, the defender was reduced to strength-1. The Italian Army is now AT+1 & has some decent experience. The Germans are a small army, but loaded with experience & own the air.

2) Spanish Morroco is being cleaned out, finally after 2.5 years of Allied ownership.

3) Advance scouts survey Egypt, but I remember the landing rule. I could send the 2-Italian very experience ships plue the German MedFront carrier.

4) UK/USA start air combat over the Channel, along with the RN's GR+1. The Carriers from Findland, are sent to East Denmark for homeland defense.

Winter 42/43

All front have stalimented. With the expection of a lone Russian corps all Allied raiders/outpost have been taken by the axis. The axis continue pounding on my units in the east while I do the same in the west.

Axis:

Western 1/2 of Russian

All of N. Africa

Norway/Sweden

Spain

ect...

Allies

Western France (up to Paris Border)

Russian east of the Volga and South of the Dinepier

Iraq

Egypt

Malta

Tech

UK Jets L4 GR 1 ???

USA Jets L2 ???

Russia Jets L2 ??

Italy AT L1 ??

Germany Jets L3 LR 1-2 ??

UK was very unlucky in tech for 2 years but have picked it up by going from L0 jets to L4 in one year

[ January 26, 2004, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

Augest 1943

Rambo has desided to 'retire' from SC so this will be the final post on this game. With three games on file to finish against him, around 40 hours of play time, this would seam a good time to stop as I need to get on with some real world events also.

Final numbers:

Loss's

Allies: 95 Ground Units 3 Air 5 Navy

Axis: 37 Ground Units 1 Air 5 Navy

Combat Units

UK 8 Ground units 3 Air 10 Navy

Fra 1 Ground unit

USA 6 Ground units 3 Air 2 Navy

USSR 25 Ground units 4 Air 1 Navy

It 9 Ground units 2 Navy

Ger 28 Ground units 5 Air 8 Navy

I think each side has 8 HQs in play, a good measure of where we stand (UK1 USA2 USSR4 FF1 : It2 Ger6?)

Tech (known)

USA L2 Jets

USSR L4 Jets L2 AA

UK L4 Jets L4 GR L2 AA

It L2 AT

Ger L4 Jets L2 LR L1 AT L1 AA (?)

Allied Final Moves:

East

Russia is saved from Axis domination and is pushing the gray units back. Probing attacks were being sent to Riga and Finland to see if his Carriers were still near. Heavy thrusts to the north and south of the central swamp region.

Med

A combined Red Army and FF (4units + HQ sat in the Middle East for 3 year and did nothing - waste?) units were setting up to invade Turkey. This would have taken one more turn to complete and 2-4 turns to take down the capital.

West

USA was going to start a fighting withdrawl from France. The defence of UK and the maintaining the dominace of the Alantic is now my #1 priority, as only a late sealion can stop the allies now (my opinion). The axis fleet is an equal of the allies but his is seperated and I need to maintain that.

Air Power Break down:

Allies 9 Air Fleets 1 Bomber 1 Carrier

Axis 5 Air Fleets 5 Carriers

A good game, one of my top 10 fav. This game has shown that if Russia is played right, it can survive huge loses and fight back very quickly if Germany doesn't have a huge (over 10 ?) air fleet advantage. Again, thankyou Rambo for testing my set of HRs, with the exception of the axis controled ST (played straight up so a non issue in this game), these seam to put the game in a more historical background.