Request for information on Dec 1944 17th SS

Hans

Division

Anyone have info as to what types of equipment this unit was using at this time? I'm building a historic scenario that refers to the unit attacking with, "Tanks and SPs".

Also any info on the German 36th Division at the same time and in particular the 5th Company 165th Regiment?

Thanks

Berlichtingen! Hey I would suspect you'd know about this unit as its other name was, Gotz von Berlichingen!

That is a very interesting note. In the history of the 134th they don't mention this. The 9th Company 38th PG Regiment and 3rd Company 37th Regiment were mentioned, but not the Russianification.

Were these Russians of German or other ethnic stock or Slavic Russians?

Thanks for the info!

Oh and for Vixen, Drat! not Jagdtigers in CMAK so a lowly Jagdpanther will have to do....

I got the info direct from Keith Bonn (author of When the Odds Were Even) when I was researching Nordwind

The Russians were literally POWs that were given the choice of being worked to death as slave labor or fight for the Reich and possibly live. The ethic stock was likely mixed.

As for the Jagdtigers, IIRC they joined the division for Nordwind, and wouldn't be available prior to January 45. Also, I suspect that the majority of assault guns would be Marders rather than StuGs, but I don't have any hard evidence to support that