Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

gameplay improvements

docd

HI Generalfeldmarschall Hubert,

first of all thanks for that ingenius masterpiece.

Some ideas I found out during playing several days (and nights):

I really spent some time thinking about those improvements (maybe for SC2), so please try to understand the meaning!!!

1. I hate to see the computer move, I only want the results (to save my time!). I also hate to see signs like: germany lost 1 MPP. All of that makes me very nervous. Maybe you can add an option: "Blitz player" according to that. That makes one complete campaign hours shorter to play and the player can focus on the essence!

2. I hate the reinforcment procedure. I want a one click full reinforcement button (your game shows that it works brilliantly without boring micro-management, only that point needs to be redesigned). For example: button on the screen which enables to fully reinforce the afterward clicked units.

3. I miss the transports of 13.000 tanks, tons of steel etc. from USA and UK to Russia (ISLAND to Archangelsk). For that the map mus be bigger at norway and sweden. I refer to a book I read: Geleitzug PQ17, Günter Karweina. In deed I think the map should be a world map!

4. When playing PBEM with FOW: Forbid ships to do UNDO movement! Otherwise you can search the whole movement area of a ship in beams of a star to detect subs or s.th. else!

5. Saving a game: Please add real date and time automatically when a player saves a game.

At the end some ideas that I am not so sure about, but they could be interesting for a genius like you:

A. What about taking prisoners? I think Russia should start with more corps, but the german can pocket a lot of them using their tanks. Then there is a certain chance, that those troops give up and leave the map as prisoners.

B. What about laying mines? When a unit entrenches, it should also lay mines on it. When it leaves, it leaves the mines behind. But only after having fully entrenched or after a certain number of turns! In fact, last week I heard in the radio that some kids died because of mines layed by russians in the second world war. They layed thousands and the germans ran right into (July 43).

Also in the normandy could mines be dropped then.

C. Please explain better the influence of terrain in your manual. The river hexes should have a bigger influence on movement and fighting or defending, I think.

D. Is there an influence of the season in the game??? Sorry, but I missed that then. I think, like in original, it should be difficult to fight in winter because of coldness. And in spring because of mud. The player should be forced to make a summer offensive.

Ok, that is all for now. Maybe you can take the time and write me your opinion on my points. I strongly feel that most of them would improve gameplay to the max and beyond (if that is possible, because it is extemly and unbelievable good RIGHT NOW).

Keep reducing it to the MAXIMUM!!! Thank you very much for this!!!

Ralph

B. What about laying mines? When a unit entrenches, it should also lay mines on it. When it leaves, it leaves the mines behind. But only after having fully entrenched or after a certain number of turns! In fact, last week I heard in the radio that some kids died because of mines layed by russians in the second world war. They layed thousands and the germans ran right into (July 43).

Also in the normandy could mines be dropped then.

Ralph[/QB]