"Russia only AA" rule

Desaix

Hard to keep a discussion focused with all these Zapp-spam, so here is a new topic continuing Questions to Terif and to other veterans

@Terif :

So a "Russian only AA rule" seems to be a fair one... As you said it may force the Germans to keep pressure on Russia but this is just like any strategy and is not unablancing or twisting the game in a major way it seems...

I mean that any startegy (air techs, sealion, Irak flanking...) forces the oppenent to do a conter strategy to adapt so the Russia AA will just do the same as any strategy in a fair way...

I will try to play "Russian AA rule" a bite to see how it goes... Would you play it to to test it for a while?

Desaix

Hi Desaix,

Yes I agree, "only Russia allowed to research AA" should be a good alternative smile.gif .

Long term it could cause problems, but it is unlikely and as you stated it depends on the axis strategy and is therefore possible to counter - so it´s a matter of strategy and a fair way.

So yes, I will use and test this rule in my games smile.gif .

Edit:

Just thought about it, when Russia is lucky and reaches high level AA it again gets unfair...so I would say, if Russia is allowed to research AA and the others not, then there should be a tech limit, i.e. maximum lv 2 AA. For ground defence this should be enough.

Anyway, it is only an alternative to a total banning of AA research - it will depend on my opponent which rule we will use smile.gif

[ November 29, 2004, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

I would rather prefer a total banning except the starting value for uk...but anyway in my experience russia never got AA despite using 1 Chit from the start. I still think that some countries will get some kind of research more likly than others. I think i played enough games to say that this is not by fortune. ;)

There is something strange ;)