AAR:Superbout (best of 5) Rambo (Axis) vs Zappsweden (Allies) : Game 3 (ZAPP WON)

zappsweden

I don't want to trash you guys, I mean it's your choice how you play.

IMHO, it's pathetic to quit so early. If things don't go your way exacly from the start, you give up.

You think war goes smoothly for the winning side from start to finish? just look at WW2, the winners were the loosers from 1939-1943, the last 2 years they won and finished the war yet 5 of the 7 years were "won" by the Axis.

Like I said its your game, but IMHO you are not really playing the game if you don't try and regroup from one error in the 1st months of the game that's when winning is most fun, not chewing through start to finish because you made 0 mistakes.

Blashy, you obvioulsy don't understand SC. The bids force the Axis "out of the box" quickly if the Allies press the issue. Any delays, & it's over. Nothing to do with the plans, it has to do with the combat rolls.

Game #1 - Poland won't surrender until Feb. 1940 is a loss.

Game #2 - Extra Luftwaffen on Poland due to bad ground rolls, had a light attack on LC. Failed.

Game #3 - I throw the kitchen sink at Poland, EVERY dang unit because of the bad luck. I knew full well Allied LC-gambit was coming on his #2. I prepared for the counter (bought extra Luftwaffen) & had 2-Panzers. My Panzers attack & did 1-hit of damage TOTAL & received 3-hits & 2-hits respectively. The Four Luftwaffen did 3-damage total. That's game over.

You tell'um Blashy, I for one am sick of these abbreviated AARs, give me some real action you so called "Top Players". How are we supposed to learn anything other than "How to Quit Early". Can you imagine your favorite football team headed to the locker room in the 1rst quarter because "things went bad". Now get in there and win one for the Gipper.

I have to agree with Blashy and SeaMonkey, this is getting pretty ridiculous. All 10 of these so called "Superbout (Best of 5)" games ended before France fell, give me a break, there is no excuse for it. People a lot less experienced then you guys have gotten past the Fall of France in the same situations or worse.

And please, don't create another thread about how the gameplay sucks because the dice rolls went against you or because things don't go exactly the way you want them to go. I thought it was a good thing for a game to be unpredictable.

And "***** surrenders, lack of interest in SC" is a ****ty excuse too, at least have the backbone to admit you got your ass kicked.

Many people (including me) are beginning to question your "legend" status. Either get your **** together or retire. And please, no more threads trashing the game, they don't solve anything.

Comrade Trapp

It's the scenario, the '39 campaign has been played to death, every move and countermove is out there and therefore everything MUST go perfect or defeat is imminent.

Play some other scenario's, new situation.

With these so called AAR's you're just trashing the forum.