I'm very close to buying this game

Gaylord Focker

This game is a good online game according to all indicators.

You will find though, that this game vs humans will either have you getting brutally slagged, or if it's possible, and you are a bright gamer, you will enjoy doing same to others hehe smile.gif

But regardless of the grumblings of people such as myself, I think you will find the forum worth your time in deciding if you wish to spend your money.

Check any comments mentioning old board games ie SC vs A3R or Wif or comments about other games ie HoI to establish yur opinion.

Also reference the terms AI, Research, Unit Production, and Diplomacy perhaps.

[ December 17, 2002, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Les the Sarge 9-1b ]

Doesn't it just figure eh. I post a comment on how the forum is a good tool to advertise the game, but I am away for the day installing software following a format, and I see several threads that do nothing to make the SC forum proud.

Attack the game guys, or support it, but try to keep the crud to wherever Battlefront routinely shovels the crud to please.

[ December 17, 2002, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Les the Sarge 9-1b ]

I have to admit, I loved this game Patch 1.06.

I loved this game when Rambo helped me figure out

PBEM. I loved this game even more, when I played on line. And now that 1.06 is out, playing this game on line (or not), is the best. Everything this else pales. Civ3, not any more. Uncommon Valor, too slow. Hearts of Iron (won't even go there again). Of the games on the horizon, I'll probably try Masters of Orion 3, but everything else pales. I now look forward to when I find a way to clear the decks at home (chores, honeydos, family), for a good set of time to play this game on line for a set of five hours.

(ps, whatever you may want to say about Rambo - and he's a bad man, very bad man - playing against him on line is an experience. One day, I think I'd like to play him without fog of war, just to see what he's doing).

So, in conclusion, the hell with the credit cards, buy the game now, pay the credit cards off in June.

Just my opinion

Originally posted by Der Panzinator:

Man, what is that name from....

Gaylord Focker.

Meet the Parents???? There's something about Mary???

Its driving me nuts. Funny ass name though. tongue.gif

Almost forgot to recommend buying this game. It's great!!! nuff said.

[ December 18, 2002, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: Gaylord Focker ]

BrianTheWise --- You're the front-man for Team-USA (if you didn't see my other post). Your duties are gaming & public relations.

I agree that TCP/IP is the only way to go. I'm tired of playing 12+ PBEM's; I gotta write so many notes to remember what the heck is happening in each game. I play better when it's live. Get the flow of the game. I get bored in PBEM & make stupid moves. I'm down to about 6-PBEM's now, & once that is taken care of, I'll be pursueing (spelling?) my Challenge Match career & Team-USA Captain reposibilities.

I'm going on vacation next week & will have access to a computer if you're interested.

Jon J. Rambo, Captain of Team-USA

024.jpg

"No longer will we have to listen to his constant indecision over stupid game."

"Yes Boris -- blast him into other universe and we can have peace again."

"Aw Gaylord -- come on and make up your mind or at least jump off this idiotic rocket!"

"Sorry Rocky, guess I was thinking about something -- should I buy it now, or should I buy it later. Should I buy it now, or should I buy it later . . .."

"Quick Boris, light the fuse, I can stand no more of it!"

". . .now, or later? Now, or later? Hmmmmph -- so many imponderables. . .."

[ December 19, 2002, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]