IS this game like an advanced version of "Axis & Allies"?

japinard

Hmmm... I suppose I CAN see the relation between the two in looks, but that's really only if you (like me :D ) you played A&A lo those many years ago and fell in love almost automatically with any game that carries a passing resemblance.

Think of this as Axis & Allies... with much more detail... much more "realism"... much more strategy... much more replayability...

Then yes, sure. This is like an advanced version of "Axis & Allies". :D

Might I throw in a VERY hearty recommendation to slap down the paltry sum they are asking to buy this game? I mean, this is a top notch game at "bargain bin" prices! As a relevant point, PC Gamer gave this sucker a whopping 90%.

William R. Trotter, PC Gamer:

Bottomline: It's the best "grand" strategy game since the 1993 classic Clash of Steel.

I believe that speaks for itself. smile.gif

Strategic Command is in my top five computer games of all time--along with Clash of Steel, Europa Universalis 1 and 2, Colonization, and Operational Art of War. I would have paid $100 for it, no doubt. For anyone with even a passing interest in history, this game is an absolute must-buy. I give it my highest recommendations, and I have convinced at least five other people to buy it who never even heard of this company.

Yes, it is an advanced Axis and Allies, using an abstracted Panzer General II engine to resolve combat. It wonderfully fills a gap that long needed filling. Hopefully, more of the rules will be set up as options so the player can endlessly customize. Say, if you thought Air was too powerful, you could decrease the attack strength or decrease the range. That would end all controversy!!