Mac version

scoop88

Sorry for the delay on that one, I've been looking into various options. The code was written in ISE Eiffel and currently they only support Windows, Linux, Unix and Vms so it looks like for now the official word would have to be against a MAC version. Although this will not be entirely discounted for the future as there are other flavours of Eiffel out there that do support the MAC.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Originally posted by scoop88:

Thanks and hopefully someday there will be a Mac version. I've had only limited success running Windows games on Windows emulation software on a Mac.

What emulator do you use & which games do you have problems with?

I use Virtual PC 4.x and don't have any problems with any of the John Tiller HPS wargames. I couldn't get Operational Art of Warfare to run because of its copy protection software, and I haven't had luck with some of the older DOS games, but then again even Windoze people have problems with them.

As noted in an "Airborne Assault" thread, Mac users have been good supporters of Battlefront. Let's hope that we'll have a chance to demonstrate this support again with "Strategic Command" -- sooner or later! smile.gif

Dear MacFreeman:

I have Virtual PC 3.0 for Windows 98. I think the problem is memory ... you can only allot up to 500 MB, if I remember correctly, to the Virtual PC partition. So getting running a game which requires lots of hard drive and RAM is tough unless there's nothing else taking up space.

Any tips you have would be appreciated. If you would prefer to do this via e-mail, I'm at dalange@aol.com

Thanks.