Buy this game? Give me five reasons.

Hanish

I've obviously got off here on the wrong foot and I apologize if I have offended anyone. I have passion for wargamming as many of you do here and perhaps I was too abrasive in some of my past posts. However some of you have been exceedingly insulting towards me considering i've not made any post since yesterday. Hey that's your choice, free speach an all. At the end of the day we are a niche and really have more tastes in common than differences I think.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oppenheimer88

No offense taken and I hope none given. I thought you were something you weren't. This sort of beligerent exchange means nothing. Some of my best friends had diatribes with me when we first got to know each other.

In the course of my various rants things occasionally turn hostile. Similar things happen with many of the others. It means we like you and are welcoming you to the looney bin. ;)

Since some of my past comments have been critical of SC's similarity to COS I figured I wanted to reiterate some positives (not to sound too repeatitive since it's been said before) that SC takes the best elements of COS and makes them more user freindly (and modern). COS remains one of my altime favorite wargames and that's high praise for SC indeed.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Someone who is scum enough to play something they didn't pay for is bad as it is. But to come here and complain about something they stole, give me a friggin break! Especially when the person you ripped off is a hard working "lone wolf" developer who happens to live only a few miles from where you do. If my neighbor stuck it to me like this, I would have a bit more to say about it than calling him an "asswipe".

Your follow up posting ability was an error. Missed a setting switch to ban you from our forum. Place an order and pay for what you currently have NO RIGHT TO COMMENT ON, and I will reconsider the ban. Until that time you are a pirate scumbag, and therefore not welcome here.

Steve

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Sir Jersey John & Minotaur --- What other computer games do you suggest?

My God... Prepare your pen & paper... ;)

I'll stick to games with War as a theme and available on the market:

If you like 3D Shooters: (All can be played on the Internet, if you have a Cable/DSL that is... There's a lot of fun playing these games as a team)...

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Best graphics... Easy to play... less 'Historic' (Some Science Fiction weapons + Zombies)...

Medal of Honor Allied Assault - It has a more historic WW2 touch (original German propaganda on walls, Germans speaks... well... germans, only real war weapons, etc...)... The D-Day mission is a must see!... Last mission is quite tuff, though...

If you like Real time Strategy:

Sudden Strike II - Lot of micro-management... No ressources collecting (like C&C)... Very small units... Can play US, Germany, UK, Japan or USSR... You hate it or you like it, you are warned!...

Red Alert 2 + Yuri Revenge - Simple yet full of options... SuperWeapon can really turn the tide of a battle (other C&C SuperWeapons didn't)...

Homeworld + Cataclysm - Battle in space!... Complex yet easy to understand... You can control from the tiny scout ship to the behemoth Mothership... Ships Formations easy to apply...

3rd dimension not a pain to grasp (Unlike games like Descent)...

Emperor: Battle for Dune - Real 3D units... If you like Dune (movie and/or books), you'll feel close enough to home here... Good story...

Last but not least, turn-based games:

Combat Mission Beyond Overlord - Good mix of turn-based and real-time... Planning your moves is easy... Both sides play simulteanously... 1 min. seeing what happen without any interference possible from you can be hard on your nerves... ;)

Panzer General 2 + People's General - Old, but in the Bargin Bin if you're lucky... As easy to play as a wargame with hexes can be...

Of course there are a LOT more games on the market, and since my computer is beginning to be out of date, there are some games that I can't play (Battlefield 1942, America's Army, etc...)...

But the games I listed here I have, I enjoy and I spend a lot of time playing them (perhaps too much, but that's another story...)...

Five reasons to buy SC. This is TOO easy.

In no particular order:

1. Zappsweden

The guy has taken on the burden of running a ladder which is a beauty to behold. Never complaining (except to Hubert), always playing. Top Notch!

2. Terif

The CHAMPION, plays everybody. Is a walking encyclopedia about SC. Deserves automatic bid to SC2-Beta Tester.

3. Jersey John

A wealth of information about WW2. Always polite, even to TROLLS. I am he and he is me and we are all together.

4. Rambo

The straw that stirs the drink. SC Legend,

5. Brian the Wise

Good advice!

6. Bonus: Hubert Cater:

Class. Nuff said.

[ February 19, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

Piracy is impossible to stop. I own a percentage of a Software Company and I'm screwed blued and tatooed on piracy. Though I hate to say, 90% of the games I own or utilities are collecting dust :( so I wouldn't mind if they would allow software rental again! Instead of me breaking my wallet on a game that a Company talks up in a Magazine they're funding!

The fact is whatever you do it comes back to you. For whatever game I've copied or borrowed, I'm being ripped off in my company right now. Also everyone else are having their prices hiked up by the Big Moguls so that much of what they want isn't around. Even SC2 is hampered by ever comming out, cause the Programmer will lack the funding cause of Piracy. It's a way of life, but HOPEFULLY if you continue to improve your product. Include HUGE beautiful documentation. <which I don't with my software> Put in on CD and use copyprotection...ALSO MARKET IT! SC, I couldn't find this program anywhere. I wouldn't have known it existed if not for some obscure search on the net. I hate to say it but even my own programs get publicity by Piracy. Half the people would never buy it anyways, maybe next time they drop by the store they see and they'll buy the latest version. That's life in the big city...

Unlike Microsoft, if you've got an unregistered version of their Windows I warn you, they're going to send a cruise missile into your house! Bill can definitely afford it tongue.gif

Liam

To think not long ago I thought you were a sixteen year old army brat. But now I see you're really a Robber Baron conspiring with Gates to locate all the microsoft pirates, and also Gate's detractors so they can receive free cruise missles! :eek:

[ February 18, 2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]