Feature change request, re: unit bumping

A minor issue, but I thought I'd throw it out. I've noticed that when a unit tries to move into an area that's already occupied by another friendly unit, the occupying unit is (always, if not almost all the time) 'bumped' out of the spot. Now I can't complain about this when I plot such a move, but it can have some very weird and irritating consequences when it's the AI making your units bump each other.

Example: I have an M3 Halftrack in the road, and a little ways behind it, a US Engineer squad hiding in a foxhole (this is in the Engineer 'training' battle that comes with CMBO). A German armored car comes within LOS of the halftrack and knocks it out, causing the sole surviving crew member to bail out. This one crewman flees back to the foxhole (seems like the right thing to do) and promptly SHOVES an entire squad of engineers out of their foxholes and into the road.

I'd love to see this changed so that units are no longer bumped into inferior cover, if at all possible. Or at least not by much 'smaller' units.

And no arguments from the peanut gallery about how US halftrack drivers were historically trained to throw around entire squads of engineers, please. smile.gif

And no arguments from the peanut gallery about how US halftrack drivers were historically trained to throw around entire squads of engineers, please.

No of course they weren't. Rumor has it though that US halftrack crews ate lots of refried beans and ....well you know the rest. biggrin.gif