CM Newbie Initiation Rituals

Originally posted by Bullethead:

initiation rituals for newbies. You know, like telling an Air Warrior dweeb that ESC-p is a cheat code for more power when it's really the command to bail out of your plane eek.gif

The thing is, that's a lot more funnier because there are probably 100+ people in the arena who can see the newbie actually press Esc+p. When there's nobody watching, it ain't as much fun frown.gif

A cool feature to CM would be the ability to be a watcher in a internet game and watch as the battles take place. Sort of like those online card games, where you can watch them play, but not see the players hands, have a little chat window and stuff.

Marc :)

Originally posted by Afkamm:

The thing is, that's a lot more funnier because there are probably 100+ people in the arena who can see the newbie actually press Esc+p. When there's nobody watching, it ain't as much fun frown.gif

A cool feature to CM would be the ability to be a watcher in a internet game and watch as the battles take place. Sort of like those online card games, where you can watch them play, but not see the players hands, have a little chat window and stuff.

Marc :)

You could have online tutorials that way, if the chat window could be opened from the two players to the audience, but not each other. That's really a great idea!

I'd go along with that. You can do it with PBEMs, send the movie file and the lesson to a 3rd party, but it would be nice to sit back and watch two people slug it out on my computer.

I think one of the funniest newbie cheats is in Myth. Selecting a Wight and typing Triple will give you three wights in his place. (Wights blow up anything in the area, and T is the key that makes them do this.)

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

First off, yes I was drunk. But I remembered to do the spell check thing, which also has a grammar checker wink.gif

Anway, Afkamm said:

The thing is, that's a lot more funnier because there are probably 100+ people in the arena who can see the newbie actually press Esc+p.

The really funny of that particular initation is that you have to hit ESC-p a 2nd time to open your parachute. If the guy thinks it was a power-up cheat and finds himself suddenly without a plane, 99% of the he won't think doing it again will do him any good. So everybody soon sees this in the text buffer:

NewDweeb: hey my plane is gone

NewDweeb: plane crashed (meaning the pilot went SPLAT biggrin.gif )

That would be cool, especially for tournaments. Of course, the spectators would have to be able to heckle the actual players wink.gif.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

While playing a TCP/IP game, hit the ~ key and type "Gunny Bunny knows all." This will enable Transformation and Lighting effects.

Hitting ~ and then typing "Gunny Bunny is GOD!" will enable bump mapping.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

And if you type "Gunny Bunny is annoying," you get sprite based graphics, and all views except 7 are disabled.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

A popular one in the FPS game Counter-Strike:

"Go to console and type "gg money" for extra cash to buy weapons"

(typing gg anywhere in the console immediately crashing your game, go figure)

tongue.gif

------------------

Honor, Duty, Courage.

Valhalla awaits you, honorable warrior...

------------------------

"If you find yourself alone, riding through green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium, and YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD!"