Currently, in the game, machine gun crews

and mortars who are in a 'ford' water

tile can and do set up their weapons

and fire them. Is this how the US army

teaches its men to take care of their

equipment? Just wondering...

thx,

--Rett

well Rett, may I call you John? ok.. John it was standard practice, yes. You see when America entered the war they knew the troops would be fighting in water. Senate passed a law that the soldiers should be equipped with swimming wings (preferably yellow) and extra dry underpants packed in water proof Newspaper.

Unfortunately most American troops were quickly equipped with these swimming wings and were not instructed how to use them, a many U.S. troops drowned a sad death by a fatal error of attaching the wings to their ankles..

heres a quote from a Pvt. Mills about the crossing of the Rein.

"We were ordered to cross the Rein at 5:00am and we had no boats. Sgt. Frace told us to break out these new Swimming Wings which some troops called Widow Makers, we still did not know what they ment with this. Anyhow we got all geared up and started to cross, the current was strong and took half our squad by suprize, and my God! men started going up feet first!...NO ONE TOLD US WE SHOULD PUT THEM ON YOUR ARMS!... alot of the lads put them on their ankles because..well it look fancy and real cool... .. I'm sorry I can't go on with this interview.. the horror...*sob*"

so John you can see... you were unlucky that unit did not use the wings on their ankles.. my guess this is BTS again favor for the Allies... I would ask them to open their source code so we can see if they are fudging numbers.

----------

www.derkessel.com Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

What's more, British coastal defenses utilized the 2 and 3 inch mortars as anti-Uboat weapons. The mortars were loaded, held under water and pointed toward the U-Boat, and fired. Repeat until sunk.

While this wasn't extremely effective, British intel reports the sinking of five U-Boats which strayed too deep into British ports.

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai

Croda, you rock! - Meeks