Gor Blimey! It's Super Action Pack 4--Commonwealth uniform set

I've finally stopped procrastinating and finished Super Action Pack 4: "The British & Friends". This hi-res uniform set includes textures for: British, Polish, and Canadian infantry, British and Polish airborne, and the commonwealth tank crew, as well as winter uniforms for the regular infantry.

Also included are alternate textures to represent: plain, netted, and scrim-covered helmets, blancoed web gear (on ALL versions), and a fly-front battledress blouse for the Canadians.

I just didn't have time to do individual unit markings. The current sleeves have a generic unit patch.

You've seen a few screenshots before. Here are some new ones:

Infantry w/blanco and helmet nets

britinf.jpg

Airborne. Note cool details like toggle rope.

airborne.jpg

I really like how the winter unis turned out.

winter.jpg

Tank crew.

armor.jpg

Also incuded--a special bonus uniform for the Bad Guys! Heer tan water camo smocks.

tw.jpg

twrun.jpg

I've also updated the German helmets to give them a more realistic look (like with the allied and Heer splinter helmet textures).

Available from Tom and Manx as soon as I send them to them.

Well burn me boots! Now I gotta add yet another German uniform to the ruleset.

Andrew, what am I gonna do with you???

Looks like I'm gonna have to do a Allied Uniform ruleset too to swap between these commonwealth uniforms.

Oh well.

I guess all for the better.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Well burn me boots! Now I gotta add yet another German uniform to the ruleset.

Andrew, what am I gonna do with you???

Looks like I'm gonna have to do a Allied Uniform ruleset too to swap between these commonwealth uniforms.

Oh well.

I guess all for the better.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry :rolleyes:

I guess I could take them back and forget I ever made them tongue.gif

I promise not to make any more German uniforms, HONEST! Although, come to think of it, the Gerbirgsjäger need work...

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Sorry :rolleyes:

I guess I could take them back and forget I ever made them tongue.gif

I promise not to make any more German uniforms, HONEST! Although, come to think of it, the Gerbirgsjäger need work...

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm kidding, this just means that I need to update the rules and send in a CMMOS compatible version.

Do I understand this correctly that you have different uniforms for the UK, CA, and PO?

If so, then that'll be cool as to I'll be able to have options to switch bewteen them and any different shoulder patches too.

Do you have a list of your US divisional patches as to what they are. I know a few, but I don't know them all. I ask because I could code up a Ruleset for those as well.

Andrew excellent work as usual. I am however having a problem downloading your US uniforms Action Pak Vol2. I keep getting the following message. Could not open the

.zip file( C:\program files\CMBO\mods\action_pack 2 zip) Any idea what this is all about? Is it my machine or something wrong with the site Combat Mission or something in the mod? Any help would be appreciated - actually by anyone. :(

lcm1947,

Not to sound too obvious, but you are trying to use Winzip aren't you?

EDIT: Whoops, I should also say that if the download was cut short, or incomplete, then Winzip cannot open the zip file. Try downloading it again and see if that works.

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Do I understand this correctly that you have different uniforms for the UK, CA, and PO?

If so, then that'll be cool as to I'll be able to have options to switch bewteen them and any different shoulder patches too.

Do you have a list of your US divisional patches as to what they are. I know a few, but I don't know them all. I ask because I could code up a Ruleset for those as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't really. There are 2 versions of the battledress blouse: austerity version and fly-front, the latter of which is, I think, more appropriate for the Canadians. The Poles are on their own. I just did not have time to go and do a bunch of individual sleeve flashes this time around.

If some enterprising soul may wants make a set of commonwealth sleeves with unit insignia--I think Michael Dorosh has loads of these available on his excellent "Canuck" and "Tommy" Web sites--then go ahead! All I ask is a copy be sent to me. smile.gif

I'll have to go research my US divisional patches. I was kind of hoping that Tom would make a cool complete divisional patch set for my uniforms like he did for DD's and the stock set. ;)

Well, I don't really. There are 2 versions of the battledress blouse: austerity version and fly-front, the latter of which is, I think, more appropriate for the Canadians. The Poles are on their own. I just did not have time to go and do a bunch of individual sleeve flashes this time around.

If some enterprising soul may wants make a set of commonwealth sleeves with unit insignia--I think Michael Dorosh has loads of these available on his excellent "Canuck" and "Tommy" Web sites--then go ahead! All I ask is a copy be sent to me. smile.gif

;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sure my sleeve insignia are compatible with your excellent uniforms, and I think they will make a good marriage.

And yes - Canadian battledress was unchanged during the war; we never adopted the austerity pattern, keeping the fly front right through. My next book will cover this in detail....

;)

Gentlemen ,

the US divisional patches for Andrew´s US uniforms are 80% done and will be published during the next days. " Unfortunately " ;) I have a new job since July and less time for CM. BTW: I got the Commonwealth uniform set a few hours ago ( great job Andrew ! )and will publish it in the next hours.

Cheers

Tom

I'll have to go research my US divisional patches. I was kind of hoping that Tom would make a cool complete divisional patch set for my uniforms like he did for DD's and the stock set. ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

And yes - Canadian battledress was unchanged during the war; we never adopted the austerity pattern, keeping the fly front right through. My next book will cover this in detail....

;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I made the fly-front version at the last minute because I knew you'd probably call me on it if I didn't. :D

No Maximus I use Go!Zilla. Do you suppose that's my problem? What download program would you suggest if Go!Zilla is my problem. Actually I have been unable to download any of Andrews uniform mods so just kind of gave up trying but thought I'd try his new one here but as you know it's not working either. I just got through downloading some other mods like the Allied carrriers and some older mods but for some reason just can't D/L anything of Andrews. :confused: Any advise or help would as always be appreciated.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

Andrew excellent work as usual. I am however having a problem downloading your US uniforms Action Pak Vol2. I keep getting the following message. Could not open the

.zip file( C:\program files\CMBO\mods\action_pack 2 zip) Any idea what this is all about? Is it my machine or something wrong with the site Combat Mission or something in the mod? Any help would be appreciated - actually by anyone. :(<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a corrupted or damaged file. I usually don't need to download my own stuff, so I'm not sure. Are you trying to get it off of Tom's or Manx's site?

I actually find that IE's native download manager does a pretty good job, but then I'm on a Mac so I may not be the best one to help you out here..

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

No Maximus I use Go!Zilla. Do you suppose that's my problem? What download program would you suggest if Go!Zilla is my problem. Actually I have been unable to download any of Andrews uniform mods so just kind of gave up trying but thought I'd try his new one here but as you know it's not working either. I just got through downloading some other mods like the Allied carrriers and some older mods but for some reason just can't D/L anything of Andrews. :confused: Any advise or help would as always be appreciated.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might want to try Getright. It seems to be the standard download manager.