verdemmen die "Microsoft" nahe bekampfen

Im a brand new user of CM, and i find the game gets better all the time. It did take me a long time to get use to it. I have a few questions. Any idea on what the developers have in mind for CM? I have a freeind who is into gaming as much as i and he thinks that close combat from microsoft is the the best wargame out on the market, do not know how to convince that idiot that CM is the wave of the future. Any suggestions on what other games are good out there. I am into TOAW, Panzer Campaigns, East Front, West Front, Panzer Elite.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ralph Beaman:

I have a freeind who is into gaming as much as i and he thinks that close combat from microsoft is the the best wargame out on the market, do not know how to convince that idiot that CM is the wave of the future<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

simple logic: no more close combats since atomic shut down.

cm: bts still going strong, working on sequel, with plans for two more after that...

oh, and i once made a hedge maze which the ai SOLVED. try and get a cc tank to go in a straight line...

Im a brand new user of CM, ... It did take me a long time to get use to it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Isn't this a contradiction in terms?

If you're a newbie you can't have had a "long time" (at least a year, in my vocabulary) available to get used to it. ;)

Anyway, regarding your friend; the easiest way to win him over is to convince him to actually try playing CM some time.

Surely some gamers will never like the high level of realism in CM, and it's more difficult to go from runtime to turnbased games than vice versa, but that's their problem...

Welcome to a new addiction. smile.gif

Olle

Ah, it's been a while since we had one of these charming threads where the CM faithful can gather and assure themselves that all is right in their little world where CM is king of the hill.

For those who don't know, Mircosoft published the first three Close Combat games. SSI published the last two.

For those who can't comprehend how someone could prefer CC over CM I offer the following points to ponder:

CC has a better, more detailed infantry model which where the strength of the game lies. It appeals to those who appreciate the smaller tactical scale. The "real-time" engine gives a good feel of the flow of tactical combat which has its appeal to those who find a turn structure disjointed and not conducive to immersive gameplay.

I have a freeind who is into gaming as much as i and he thinks that close combat from microsoft is the the best wargame out on the market, do not know how to convince that idiot that CM is the wave of the future.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The number of people who think that CMBO is just better than CC is very high, just search this board or the newgroup for impressions. There are some who can't get back to turns and still want CC for realtime, very reasonable if that's your cup of tea. You need to find out whether your friend is one of those or simply doesn't know better.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Any suggestions on what other games are good out there. I am into TOAW, Panzer Campaigns, East Front, West Front, Panzer Elite.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Tigers and the Prowl" and "Panthers in the Shadows" are the games that CMBO'ers seem to have the most respect for.

If 3D is the point for you, Shogun comes to mind.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RMC:

Ah, it's been a while since we had one of these charming threads where the CM faithful can gather and assure themselves that all is right in their little world where CM is king of the hill.

For those who don't know, Mircosoft published the first three Close Combat games. SSI published the last two.

For those who can't comprehend how someone could prefer CC over CM I offer the following points to ponder:

CC has a better, more detailed infantry model which where the strength of the game lies. It appeals to those who appreciate the smaller tactical scale. The "real-time" engine gives a good feel of the flow of tactical combat which has its appeal to those who find a turn structure disjointed and not conducive to immersive gameplay.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, what's stopping you or anyone else from playing CC or any other game you choose? It's ok, go ahead and play, no one's judging you! You are playing it aren't you? Or are you just wearing it on your sleeve? :rolleyes:

Ron