New CM webpage!! The Last Defense is up and running!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/TheLastDefense/index.html

After four sleepless nights and coffee-enriched days, I have created The Last Defense, a site for:

Mods-I plan to have mods from anyone who wants to submit them. First time mod makers are more than welcome.

Scenarios- Any scenarios, but especially scenarios based on gamer's home towns. Everyone's made one, so send it here!

Posts- I've set up a directory for all the finest threads on the CM fourm. If you know of any great threads, send em to me.

Images- Free image hosting for anything CM related. Need to link a picture to this board, want to your smashing victory, or show off your attack strategy? Send me your pictures and I'll post them.

Links- Other CM websites from Combat Missions to Der Kessel.

So get over there right now and give me some stuff to put there!

-109 Gustav

http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/TheLastDefense/index.html

Oh, and if any images or links aren't working right, expecially with Internet Explorer, let me know.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 02-19-2001).]

Good ideas. I was planning to add a commercial fishing section sometime.

Recipie for baked Alaskan Salmon

Take two fresh Red (sockeye) salmon fillets. Sprinkle them with black pepper, Lawry's seasoning salt, Jane's crazymixedup salt, or whatever seasonings are in the cupboad. Picante sauce, lemon peelings, or taryake sauce are good for variety.

Put the fillets into a large glass baking dish. If you're a lazy bum and didn't skin them, put them in the dish skin side down. Add a tablespoon or two of water. Cover dish with alunimum foil. Bake at 375 or so degrees.

After twenty minutes, poke a fork into the middle of one of the fillets. If the meat is kind of flaky all the way through, it's done.

Serve with Alaska's Own beer, or my dad's finest homebrew. Serves 5 adults with leftovers.

Beach recepie: Catch a salmon. Fillet it, and put one of the fillets on a cleanish flat rock over a good hot fire. When it's cooked all the way through, eat it off the rock.

Serve with candy bars, canned macaroni and cheese eaten from the can, and soda. Serves four hungry fishermen.

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense

i actualy saw that dilbert comic a few days ago.

nice work. pleasent surfing experience until...

ya misspelled my name :P

russe<big><big>ll</big></big>mz

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 02-19-2001).]

It's fixed. Now how's that for an update time? smile.gif

------------------

The Last Defense

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 02-19-2001).]

Very Cool website you got there Gustav, I just browsed through it all and it looks like you indeed did put alot of work into it. I'll be checking in on your site daily, oh thanks for putting my link on your site, don't know if it's worthy of going to now since your site is up smile.gif.

-MoJo

------------------

"For every soldier that died at Dieppe, ten were saved on D-Day"

--Lord Louis Mountbatten

Visit my website at http://www.angelfire.com/ns/mocm/index.html !

Originally posted by Forever Babra:

How are you going to update it while you're out risking life and limb so I can have lox for brekkie, eh?

:Sigh: The same way I played Combat Mission last summer. (Fishing during the release frown.gif ) I can't, I don't have access to a computer from around June 10 to August 26. The Last Defense won't be updated then. I'll vent my frustration by stomping on the salmon you're going to be eating a few times. smile.gif

------------------

The Last Defense

Probably. None of the canneries on Kodiak smoke salmon, it's all frozen or canned. We get from $.15 to $.95 per pound, depending on the species of salmon. I get a 10% share, which works out to an average of a quarter per fish. Man I wish I had a real job.

------------------

The Last Defense