God... I love it!

Just played a QB against the AI.

I sneaked a bazooka team into a small house and yes, there was a Hetzer rumbling along!

Distance: 87 m, one shot, one kill, great!

smile.gif

Enemy crew leaves the doomed tank and makes it to a nearby house.

But hey, what's happening??! Due to the blast of the zook the house in which my brave men are starts burning!!

In panic they run out of the house, across the street and into the next house!

Guess whom they met... Yes, the crew of the panzer they just nailed...

Both units staring at each other, distance 3 m... Noone shoots...

A kingdom for THAT dialogue!! biggrin.gif

One of the many reasons I LOVE this game!

------------------

Klotzen, nicht kleckern!

Remember the Hetzers are too hard to kill thread?

Here we have a guy getting one with a 'zook.

I just witnessed the death of 2 in 10 seconds, one by a Sherman 105 canister round shooting at the front, the other a Sherman 76 round through the front.

Observation: The 105 C round exploded, as the graphics show, directly under the Hetzer. Is it possible the round did not hit the tank, but that the blast killed it?

Wil- the "C" rounds are hollowCharge, not canister. Hollowcharge rounds are meant for antitank work; canister rounds are like big shotgun shells for taking out inf.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

A while ago in a TCP/IP game I lost half my armour on the first turn. My main remaining asset was a Hetzer, which went up against a couple of Challengers at medium range and a Churchill at short range, all at the same time. It took a bunch of ricochets, but unfortunately then sustained gun damage. The interesting bit is that I was simultaneously trying to get infantry up close to deal with the Churchill. The squad in question rushed forward at the same time as the tank, entered a building and without stopping, at a range of maybe 50 metres, loosed off a Panzerfaust which sailed through the air and knocked out the Churchill through its frontal armour. It was such a combination of unlikely events, I could hardly believe it.

------------------

where's the BAR? – ColonelSquirrel

Where's the Bar? This is the most important and critical question I've ever seen on a thread – Rex_Bellator

I took out a Hetzer with a Piat once in a QB. In fact, it was the dude's last shot. It had been firing at it for several rounds at a good distance and always landing short. The Hetzer started moving laterally. I then took chase and ran my Piat over to a group of trees and just as my Piat got there, the Hetzer can back into view and the little guy turned and fired once right into its side armor and boom. I was like, "Damn, lucked out there", 'cause I kinda ran out of my anti-armor assets on that side of the field.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

Excuse me Mr David Aitken, but I read your signature, then about 7 seconds later I burst out laughing. Does this mean I am a bit slow, or it is comic genious?

------------------

"I love it, God help me I do love it so"

My wife, a recovering Catholic, saw me set the church in Chance Encounter ablaze with tank fire and was mildly scandalized. I explained that I would have gladly left holy ground untouched, but that the germans had a machine gun in the damn place. - Terence

Wanderer wrote:

I read your signature, then about 7 seconds later I burst out laughing.

I do that all the time, except that the delay is usually several days or weeks.

------------------

where's the BAR? – ColonelSquirrel

Where's the Bar? This is the most important and critical question I've ever seen on a thread – Rex_Bellator