COMBAT MISSIONS: "Beyond Overload"

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Oh my god! I can't belive this! First CM outpost is almost lost, then Matt moves, and now poor Manx.... $#%%# What is this GTI? some kind of exudus of CM sites????? I would send 20 bucks so &%*^ fast to see this site saved. You ca'nt loose this site!

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Really sorry to hear this, but I have no doubt about the traffic "bandwidth" problem. During the 3 days I temporarily hosted Bergman's new Sherman Plainpack mod, I got (est. merely from hits over the weekend vs. normal traffic) probably 500-600 downloads at about 7 meg each hit for both parts for the mod. That's maybe 2 gig/day last Sat and Sun.

Didn't hear a peep from Homestead though... go figure. biggrin.gif

- Old Dog

Old Dog's CM Central

Bracket repair edit... again

[This message has been edited by Old Dog (edited 02-27-2001).]

Manx,

what if you set up a seperate "banner section"? Then, people who download from your site or otherwise vist regularly could click on a bunch of banners a few times in a row and make you money.

Im not much of a web enterpeneur, so Im not sure how much those banners will get you. However, with the large commmunity, if everyone who visits (most people) click on, say, 10 banners, and you get 10c per click, that's $1 per person. How many of us are mod sluts?

Everyone. Thats a lot of money. Then again, I may just be misinformed. You could give it a try.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

NOOOO ! Not again !

After ASL2CM demise, the Outpost that had changed hands, CMHQ moving, now Combat Missions closing ???

And this being just due to SUCCESS !! I suspect your hosting company prefer sites noone connect to ?

Please BTS, MadMatt, or God himself, can you help ?

Else I can contribute my 5 bucks also, will go up to 10...

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

I gave my last respects last night, now that the best CM site I have evr found is now only a "File error" I'm sad now.......

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Thanks guys...this is the first time i have had chance to access the board today. Also, i am unable to access any e-mail sent via the COMBAT MISSIONS e-mail addresses (they have been suspended as well).

One more thing...It ain't dead yet!...it's currently undergoing a life-saving operation...it's touch & go whether the old girl will make it, but she might just pull through! wink.gif

ps - Madmatt, Kwazy - is there anyway to reset my old username?. Somehow the p/w has got screw-up.

[This message has been edited by Manx_CM (edited 02-28-2001).]

Thanks Manx, you still give us hope. That's why I say "for now" even though I have no insider info on what you are up to.

"Good luck, you ll need it".

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Its still there for me (1 Mar about 0200Z). I have been frantically downloading all the mods "I meant to get someday", so I guess I have added to Manx worries.

A top site, very sorry if it has to go, but grateful for all the effort...