Hebrew language request

Originally posted by junk2drive:

welcome back, all i know is yiddish proverbs roughly translated to english. oi

Not back yet just posting this up while I'm out of the security proxy controll of the UAE. Back on vacation at this moment!

Originally posted by Hans:

Plus a brief description of which one of the AIW battles it is?

The picture is of a battle that took place in the First Arab-Israeli War. This is part of the Operation called Coastal Clearing performed by the Thirty Third Battalion (the Third Battalion of the Alexandroni Brigade) of the Haganah (former IDF's name). The action on the picture took place sometime in May 1948 along the North costal plain , around 20-30 kilometers South of Haifa. On the left side of the map near the top (along the shore) you got 2 names , one just under the other. The one on the top ( the biggest one ) is Tantura a Arab village situated on the Lagoon as you can see on this picture ( you can see the town of Haifa on the North of the picture )

In 2000 a Israeli researcher Teddy Katz who made a researcher for his Master degree show what according to him are the evidences of the massacre of 200 villagers perpetrated by the soldiers of the Alexandroni Brigade in the Tantura's village during the operation. Until today there is much controversy on the subject about the massacre itself and on the number of victims.

Originally posted by Hans:

Was there any fighting or was it just a sweep?

If you mean in the Tantura village ,then there was a fight but before the masscre.

The map is on the way

Khane

[ July 18, 2004, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Khane ]

Originally posted by Sergei:

If Khane sends a military aerial photograph from an Israeli account to Hans' .ae account, do you think the UAE authorities would... hmm, be curious? ;) :confused: :eek: But maybe I'm just paranoid.

You mean a translated version of the Israeli military aerial photograph map posted by Hans. :cool:

But maybe I'm just paranoid
I bet so :D

Khane