WELL, I'M BACK IN THE MOD BUSINESS, CHECK OUT MY LATEST...THE PANTHERS

Well CM's mod artists have advanced quite a bit since I worked on my Winter Mods. So I have decided to start redoing the German Armor to more current standards.

I started fiddling around with the Panthers this evening and have come up with a pretty interesting look for the Winter Cats now. I used Tiger's latest "battered" Panthers as a base model. I tried using Fernando's a while back, but couldn't come up with anything much different than my older ones. But Tiger's Panthers looked easy enough to winterize, so I thought I'd give them a try.

So here's what I came up with:

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=39812738&Sequence=0&res=high

I am going to send them to the CM Outpost for comparison and downloading. I also have some new Winterized German Halftracks based on Fernando's Bi-Color HTs.

Anyway, look forward to seeing some new and improved winter German armor in the near future.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 02-01-2001).]

They look great, and I'm definitley downloading them soon as I can. In the screenshot, the textures on the glacis plates look kind of blurry. Is that true in the game, or just the screenshot? Sharpening them up might help a little.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Rommel22

GUSTAV,

It seems like when every one comes out with a mod, you are the first one to critisize what can be fixed and what's wrong with it. You tell people, needs that needs this, and put this on. How about you try yourself.

How about you make your own mod and we tell you how much your mod sucks.

GET TO IT!!!

------------------

Rommel22's War Diarys site.

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1~ns4.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

No, that's OK, the blurring is caused by the texture warping along the front hull slope there. If you look at the bmp yourself, you'll see that the whole thing is done the same way. So it's just the case as the front hull slopes.

Actually that screenshot doesn't do them justice. They look better in-game.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 02-02-2001).]

I sent some preview pics to Marco, Old Dog, and G.Molek and Marco said that the tracks links were a bit too dark, so I have lightened them up a bit.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

Originally posted by Rommel22:

GUSTAV,

It seems like when every one comes out with a mod, you are the first one to critisize what can be fixed and what's wrong with it. You tell people, needs that needs this, and put this on. How about you try yourself.

I was just asking Maximus if it could be improved, or whether it already did look good in game. I'm sorry if I sounded too critical.

How about you make your own mod and we tell you how much your mod sucks.

GET TO IT!!!

Actually, I already have. This is it. withfish.jpg

Check it out right here, and please criticize the living heck out of it. I wanna know about every single flawed pixel, every blurred area. If, after you've criticized it, you want the mod, you'll have to email me for the actual mod, because I'm one of those low tech people without their own website. I'm working on it, though.

Not only that, but I have criticized my own mods pretty strongly, as you can read right here http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/015702.html I was the first one to admit that this mod had several serious flaws that limited it's use.

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 02-02-2001).]

Guest Space Thing

In defense of 109 Gustav, I also found the blurring very difficult to look at. It unfortunately is the first thing noticed when I look at them. Otherwise, they look superb! No offense meant to Maximus. We are all enriched by his efforts.

Sounds great, Maximus. Can't wait to install it, since I don't even have a winterized panther yet. Let us know when and where we can download it.

Oh, and apologies for posting my pictures on your thread.

------------------

I also noticed right off that it looked blurry. Some people (Rom) need not be so sensitive.

Good effort Maximus. If it wasnt for people like you (MOD makers), this game wouldnt look as pretty as it does.

TeAcH

[This message has been edited by TeAcH (edited 02-02-2001).]