Plz help a newbie - Beta Demo scenarios in Gold Demo ?

S! everyone

I understand that the Demos have their own scenarios and won't run scenarios designed for the full game.

Unfortunately, I haven't backed-up the one Beta Demo scenario including the three half-tracks and the Tiger on the German side before installing the Gold Demo. That scenario was fun to play...

Is the Gold Demo capable of opeing that specific scenario of the Beta Demo? If yes, is there a website where I can download that old scenario file to avoid DLing the whole Beta Demo once again?

Thanks for your help,

Cord

kmead - ummm, is it? The only scenarios I have here right now are "Valley of Trouble" and "Chance Encounter". But I'm sure there was a third one with a German attack on a small village - including 1 Tiger, 1 StuG and three SdKfz halftracks...

BTW: Is there a nice smoke grenade graphics mod out there? The default one kind of sucks - at least I'm getting no transparency effect on my 'puter...

I just checked out the "Last Defense" (the Tiger & Halftrack scenario you were looking for) and "Reisburg" scenarios from the Beta and they would not load up with the Gold Demo.

So you are stuck with just the two scenarios for the Gold Demo.

Assuming you can afford it, CM is really worth the price.

As for the transparency issue you're running into... That is most likely your video card and/or drivers that are limiting the display quality. A mod for the smoke wouldn't do much (though there were some around the time CM was released last year). Sometimes an update to the video drivers may help; other times the hardware isn't capable of the transparency features that CM uses.

[ 04-08-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Sorry, it has been a while since I have looked at the Gold Demo. I also found the Gold Demo to check my answer and found I was in error, my apologies. I still have the Beta Demo (mac version) on my computer. What a hoot to crank that up! I think I played Last Defence so many times and how to win either side so many ways it is imprinted in my mind forever. Sorry for the misinfo.