Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Lurkers UNITE!

O.K. I am probably not the only one who has had his CM privileges revoked, but the experience got me thinking. I think the thing we CM addicts need to reduce our longing for the game is the ability to lurk in on other peoples TCP/IP games. Instead of watching "Platoon" or "The Battle of the Bulge" for the umpteenth time, I'd love to see two of the best ladder players battle it out (e.g. Swamp and VS at TH.) Heck, I'd watch Rotten and Yobobo play! Yes, yes, yes, the idea is not new, but my desire to see this implemented in CMII certainly is!

Cheers.

Why stop there, I want to have a means to make money on it. Gimme da phone...

"Hey Gweedo, gimme the Vegas odds on Seanachai versus Croda..., yeah, 3 to 1 in turn 11 huh, okay put me down for five bucks on Croda."

Now, we couple this with Turner Network or Whereda Brudders making a CM movie and we got ourselves an emergent NASCAR or XFL. "The CM World Federation"!

"Yes sports fans, tonight we bring you the championship bout we've all waited for that will determine the Peng Cup Title."

"That's right Don, as you know the much vaunted Peng Cup is up for grabs now that v1.12 has brought about parity among the players. Tonight on Pay Per Zoo, you will witness it all live right here." biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 03-14-2001).]

I guess it would be safe to assume matches between Cesspool contestants would only be available on Fox? Right after COPS!, and but before "When Nature Kills!!"

But as I understand it, from perusing the Peng threads, Croda wouldn't be much of a ratings draw... people would think he's just throwing the game anyway. (who could Lose that badly for real??)

wink.gif

Hmm, not a put down in anyway Atlas for anyone. However watching 18 SMG Platoons vs. 14 Cromwells or 10 Tiger II's vs. 15 Pershings is not my idea of the best player's available. I believe most of the poster's on this forum would prefer something more along the lines of...emm...more thoughtful OOB's and good sound tactics. Now that would be enjoyable!

***Disclaimer*** NOT meant as a flame but a friendly opinion.

[This message has been edited by Abbott (edited 03-14-2001).]

Abbott,

LOL. I understand exactly what you are talking about. The types of games one plays on a ladder are not necessarily the most interesting. The ideal setting would be a newly created historical scenario. The ideal players: ?

-Atlas

Man I have no idea what ladders you guys are playing, but I have yet to have anything but a historical game, historical OOB, balanced, agreed to, and planned in advance. And none if it had anything to do with the ladder. It had to do with the email that was sent, outlining preferences, disclosing game environmental setup conditions, and what we both wanted to do. Where that was not agreed to, then as gentlemen we decided to part company and try someone else.

I'm not knocking either one of you for the preferences you have stated, since I share them, but the difficulties you all are relating seem to stem from not discussing them in the first place. At least, in the many months of playing on five ladders, and with only one exception, a non-rated game with a buddy, all my games are rated. I've yet to see the problems your relating. Again, not knocking you, actually I am sorry your having those problems, and attempting to tell you how to avoid them. Either that, or it's twilight zone night and I missed the signpost or something. smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)