New CM Mod: What if Stauffenberg succeeded...

What if that German who needed legroom didn't move the briefcase? What if the plot to kill the Fuhrer had succeeded?

That is what COMBAT MISSION: THE STAUFFENBERG PLOT is about. It features the Deutsche Befreiungarmee (German Liberation Army), which is the grouping of Fallschirmjager divisions that Rommel brought together to combat the SS, which has refused to acknowlege the new German government. In CM:TSP, the player can command units of the DBA (which are backed up by US tanks) or the remaining SS divisions during the 48 hours following the murder of Hitler: July 20, 21, and 22, 1944.

If you are interested in the mod, email me at paul.cleveland@megapathdsl.net.

I replace the US Infantry uniforms with modified German ones. Then I change the American voice files to German. Then I change the American flag to an old between war-era German flag. Then I make scenarios and that's it!

Howdy Sgt. Sounds interesting,I would very much like to give a try.I tried to E-mail you twice but kept getting a delivery failed message.So if it's not too much trouble let me know when it's ready to play. Thank's!

Sgt. Eagle,

What a great idea! Historical what if's can be a strong point of any wargame. The lack of same side QBs IMO is one of the few weaknesses of CMBO. I've read in the past that the US Army and Marines have shown an interest in same side battles. IIRC, Steve said they were seriously considering having that in CM2.

If they do then your (& others) dream will come true without the need for file jockeying.

Does anyone out there know about the status of same side QBs in CM2? Thanks. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

[sigh] So what did you do? Do some file renaming to put FJ uniforms on American troops?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[sigh] so what do you do maxipad ? some hue-changing on uniform bmp's and call them winter uniforms?

SgtEagle, don't take note of such arrogant comments like the one above. Your mod sure is an interesting idea.

Well, the mod's going good, and on the topic same side battles proposed by Scooter, this mod is exploiting the fact that the FJ helmets are identical to American helmets, so you can make US troops look like FJ or vice-versa. This allows you to have Americans fighting Americans or FJ fighting FJ. But, this is restricted to only Americans and FJ until BTS allows us to have same-side combat in a later version of CM.

The DBA uniforms and flag are finished!

The DBA unis are DD's camo Heer uniforms, with the original German helmet. On one arm is the modern-day German symbol, a black eagle on a white shield. The flag is based on Germany's WWI flag, which is identical to the WWII Reich War Flag, except with a white background, red and black stripes in the corner with the Iron Cross, and instead of a swastika in the middle it has the symbol of Germany that's on the uniform shoulder.

E-mail me if you want screenshots or the actual unis at paul.cleveland@megapathdsl.net.

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: Sgt Eagle ]

Sgt Eagle,

Your mod sounds interesting. Good luck with it, and please let us know when it is available. Have a nice weekend.

Maximus,

I second M. Hofbauer on this one. Maximus, my poor friend, you are such a jerk! (I believe that it is what they call people like you in your country, isn't it?). The more I read your posts on this board and others, the more I think that you need to:

a) get a life

B) get out of your parent basement and see the light.

c) get also a job in the mean time, and stop living off society.

Have a great life now.

Karl