Bergman All US/French Sherman HR Fullpack RELEASED!

I'm pleased to announce the immediate availability of Marco Bergman's All U.S. and Free French Sherman HR Fullpack mod. Featured are: bonus British Sherman II, full multi-national batch file compatability, and 63 optional textures, including ones like these:

"Pair o' Aces" M4A3E2(76)

700JumboPost.jpg

British Sherman II with old style "Grant" suspension and 3 piece nose

700BritShermII.jpg

This 9+ meg Magnum Opus mod, part of Marco's Sherman series, is available RIGHT NOW for download at the great new CM site:

Operation CultureK

Better go get it biggrin.gif

- Old Dog

Edit for bracket repair... gets me every time

[This message has been edited by Old Dog (edited 03-01-2001).]

...Also available at Operation CultureK is Bergman's companion All U.S. Sherman HR Winterpack, with full snowy U.S. Sherman textures and lots of HR optionals.

U.S. M4A3(105) HVSS

700SnowyHVSS105.jpg

Worth the download for sure cool.gif

Many thanks to Keith at Operation CultureK for agreeing to host these at the last minute and getting them up so fast!

- Old Dog

Edit to fix stuff that was wrong...

Let's keep this bad boy up at the top! I've got something important to DL as soon as I get home from work. In the meantime, how do these "extras" work. Are they extra bmps or some sort of utility?

------------------

And King Xerxes looked to King Leonidas and spoke. "Our Archers will rain arrows down upon you to blot out the sun."

And King Leonidas replied: "Then we will fight in the shade."

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

In the meantime, how do these "extras" work. Are they extra bmps or some sort of utility?

The batch files support the "standard" set of texture swappings for the summer textures (FF and US, u-shoe and rubber bloc shoe tracks). The "extras" are all alternate BMPs (and there a whole passel of 'em) that must be selected manually. The documentation outlines what each and every one is, however.

These mods are definitely "hall of fame" candidates.

Gordon

I'm currently at work, so I can't dowmload and get the readme file.

Will this mod cause me to lose the previous British and Polish versions of Marco's Shermans?

------------------

"Bother", said Pooh, as he shoved in a fresh magazine!

Originally posted by Mr Oz:

I'm currently at work, so I can't dowmload and get the readme file.

Will this mod cause me to lose the previous British and Polish versions of Marco's Shermans?

Nope! No damage or change to the Brits or Poles (or Canadians), only the addition when you run the Brit batch of a correctly colored and marked Sherman II to the British set.

Marco's old U.S. and Free French M4/M4A3 mod is however, replaced and superceded by this mod, and the new mod should overwrite the old.

Batch files included in the new set will also overwrite the old ones - no deleting should be necessary. Just install and run a batch as always.

- Old Dog

Originally posted by Old Dog:

Nope! No damage or change to the Brits or Poles (or Canadians), only the addition when you run the Brit batch of a correctly colored and marked Sherman II to the British set.

Marco's old U.S. and Free French M4/M4A3 mod is however, replaced and superceded by this mod, and the new mod should overwrite the old.

Batch files included in the new set will also overwrite the old ones - no deleting should be necessary. Just install and run a batch as always.

- Old Dog

Thanks.

Now I just have to wipe the drool from my keyboard and think of an excuse to leave early.

------------------

"Bother", said Pooh, as he shoved in a fresh magazine!

Ah, exquisite, as always! But as I was suffering a mental breakdown trying to decide between gun-lock, or no gun-lock --- cast nose, or 3-piece nose, early suspension or standard, I noticed that the .bmp files for the Jumbo turret side (3222) are missing!

This is pushing me over the edge! Damn child proof cap! Must Take Valium Now!!!

Ooops, (beta)guys he's right! 3222 is missing! Marco screwed the pooch on this one. wink.giftongue.gif

Looks like a small patch is needed. frown.gif

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

The (3) BMPs are indeed missing frown.gif

Thanks von Luck for the timely heads up.

I have already sent a correction to Keith at Operation CultureK and he should post it later tonight (I hope...)

In the meantime, I have put the (3) missing BMPs up on Old Dog's CM Central so that they are immediately accessible. Go to What's New or scroll down to find them.

Von Luck, I'll e-mail a copy to you.

Sorry for the extra trouble fellas. My fault in packaging. Beta team never even had a chance to find it redface.gif

- Old Dog

Ah, just beautiful Marco, ya outdone yerself. And stop messing with them pooches, I knowd some boys down West Virginia can tell ya about that. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

The (3) BMPs are indeed missing frown.gif

Yeah, that's what Nixon said about the eighteen and a half minutes of tape. Does everybody see the similarities? "Marco-gate" they're going to call it. I also have it on good authority that Old Dog bears a striking resemblance to G. Gordon Liddy.

Gordon "I'm not an investigative journalist, but I play one on the message board" Molek

I keep getting an error on the Full Pack link. I got the Winter version okay, but not the summer pack. Sniff

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

--------------------------

Bergman Mod Fixed

There was a slight problem with the file for the FF and US Shermans tonight as you can see from this thread, but I have fixed it.

In the future, should there be a problem, please contact me right away and I'll get on it ASAP! Fixes for things like this always get first priority and it has been taken care of.

So...Start downloading! I have also posted just the fix for this one so you don't have to download everything as well!

Enjoy!

Keith

------------------

Operation CultureK

Check it out today for Great Combat Mission Content!

Well, Max is (for once biggrin.gif ) right. This was me, not the beta team...

Thanks for the super-quick fix, Keith.

Errr.. one other little detail bears mentioning. I've now done a careful line by line cross-check on both mods, and although Marco intended that Max's great winter narrow track BMP (4025.BMP) come with the Winterpack, it ain't in there. (No, Max, this was NOT a conspiracy...)

Keith has this as well and will add it, I expect, fairly quickly. Meanwhile, if you also downloaded the Fullpack you will find it in the Track.zip inside that mod. It's also in the Winter folder of Marco's M4 Plainpack mod released last weekend.

Anyone who can't easily get hold of it by either of those methods who has already D/Led the Winterpack - I'll be glad to e-mail it out to you. Just drop me an e-mail.

- Old Dog

Everything is updated

Go ahead and get everything. I didn't cut people's downloads off or take the site down, so go ahead and download the new files.

Until 3/5/01 I will continue to post the zip files with just the mission bmps. So if you want them get them soon (they aren't big I think the Free French one is like 320K and the Winterized one is like 8K)

So...go and get em!

Thanks for the kind words and support!

Keith

------------------

Operation CultureK

Check it out today for Great Combat Mission Content!

Guest SS Peiper

Great job as always Marco!! and thanks to Old Dog and Medlinke for getting it out to us so fast smile.gif

SS Peiper

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

*SOUND OF DROOL ON KEYBOARD*

Drool

Drool

Drool

Drool

*SOUND OF DROOL HITTING SCREEN*

Drool

Drool

Drool

Drool

*SOUND OF DROOL ON KEYBOARD*

OYAH!

Uhmaha.....Umha...Umha...Umah

Ohyah.......Umha....Umah........Umah!

OUCH!

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Week end BUMP.

I might as well shoot a question.

Any required Hocus Pocus thing to get the Sherman II or is it just me?

I have installed and benefited from ALL I wanted in that Pack but the Sherman II are still showing as US when I played them in Brits issued QBs.

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

Originally posted by PawBroon:

Week end BUMP.

I might as well shoot a question.

Any required Hocus Pocus thing to get the Sherman II or is it just me?

I have installed and benefited from ALL I wanted in that Pack but the Sherman II are still showing as US when I played them in Brits issued QBs.

The Sherman II in Brit coloring requires that you run the UK batch file before playing the Brits, to cause the renaming of the "_uk.bmp" files. Are you doing this? When you say you installed "ALL I wanted" do you mean you are only using parts of the mod?

- Old Dog

The Sherman II in Brit coloring requires that you run the UK batch file before playing the Brits, to cause the renaming of the "_uk.bmp" files. Are you doing this? When you say you installed "ALL I wanted" do you mean you are only using parts of the mod?

- Old Dog

Well one should never BUMP with a question...

biggrin.gif

I wasn't clear so I'll try it differently.

I installed all REQUIRED meaning I installed ALL minus the _opt which I chose by careful hand picking and simple renaming to _uk, _us and all that.

Then I run the batch file which I copied also, and once selecting AFVs I always put in Stuart for test purpose in between the Shermans as you can see clearly if you forgot to run the batch because the turret is not matching otherwise from US to Brits and back.

The Sherman II is then either US or FF depending on the last game I played.

I checked and the required BMPs with _uk were there.

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

Guest claespiper

First of all THANK YOU Marco!

A question: Does the "Marco Bergman's Complete US Sherman Hi-Res WinterPack" replace the Winter option in the US plain pack released earlier?

Regards

Claes

[This message has been edited by claespiper (edited 03-02-2001).]