AT-Mine bug.

Using v1.1, I (started) to play a game this morning where there was this road that was surround by woods, ie vehicles had to take this road, no other way around it.

Well I had ordered my column of vehicles to move forward which were led by a M3A1 Scout Car followed by a M5 Stuart and a MG Jeep. The Scout Car unknowingly ran over AT-Mines.

Now the Tac-AI said hey, "There's AT-Mines there, can't go that way." OK, so the pursuing M5 Stuart and Jeep started to dance while the Tac-AI replotted their moves. Since the road was surrounded by woods, they ended up having no choice but to continue forward. Both the Stuart and the Jeep continued forward and both were immobalized or knocked out by the mines. mad.gif

All of this happened with in the same movie and I was screaming, "Don't go forward, don't go forward!." But to no avail. Ironically I was running an Engineer Platoon over towards the road during the same turn just in case there were mines.

What I'm asking here is there needs to be a tweak where if there is no way around mines like in the situation above. The Tac-AI needs to HALT the movement orders instead of trying to plot around them when there is not way around them.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Yup, clear case of advancing past your recon. But I digress, Part of war is knowing which risks are the ones worth taking. A gamble through unknown terrain can win a game or shatter all hopes of one.

Well, saying the engineers should have gone first doesn't alter the fact that once the mines were spotted the vehicles should have been halted by the a/i.

------------------

My P-47 is a pretty good ship

And she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip

I was thinking 'bout my baby and letting her rip

Always got me through so far...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Forever Babra:

Well, saying the engineers should have gone first doesn't alter the fact that once the mines were spotted the vehicles should have been halted by the a/i.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. The TAC AI should halt the vehicles. If they then take fire, the TAC AI should reverse them. If the rear vehicle does not reverse, then the front vehicle will be toast, just like IRL .

As far as Engineers finding AT mines, I was told they do not and can not. Only way to find an AT mine is to run over it. I have not tested this myself, so it could be wrong, but it makes sense. I mean, engineers aren't walking around with metal detectors looking for AT mines are they?

------------------

Jeff Abbott

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Forever Babra:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if there is to be a v1.1.1 tweak, it perhaps this tac AI issue about NOT advanceing vehicles into know mine fields coud be looked at.

I agree with Forever Babra that the Tac "should" know better, and reverse to cover if taking fire.

-tom w