Concealment & camoflage...the effectiveness of Soviet Troops

One thing apparently the soviets were good at were concealment and camoflage (it must be true because I've never seen a WW2 soviet soldier in real life...but I can feel thier beady little eyes watching me everywhere I go).

Will CM2 model this in the spotting rules, particularly if the soviets are on the defensive (and thus had more time to prepare)?

Mace

"Never seen one in real life" that was good. Come to think of it I haven't either. Guess they were good but don't know if CM2's going to take this into account, but that bunch knows what thier doing so wouldn't surprise me if they did since both you and I know how good they are at concealment. ;)

Mace,

I know what you mean. I finnished reading "When Titans clashed".

On numerous accasions the author mensions how the soviets managed to move entire armies and fronts with out the Germans having the slightess idea.

Of course this is in operational level, but it still drops down to squad level. Since each men makes up an army and it is not easy making 10000 soldiers disappear from the fronline wothout someone noticing.

Also in other books, "Panzer battles" comes to mind. The author mentions enitire battalion, regiments and brigades, slipping through German lines. And the next morning the Germans were clue less as to where these soviets came from and how they got there.

Or establishing bridge heads. The Soviets on accasions managed to astablish a bridge head with out the German knowing a thing.

I agree the soviets should have better cammo ability. BUT I think that will be possibly with leader abilities. Like +2 stealth for the platoon leader, the same ability we have now for platoon leaders.

So I am not sure extra coding and feature adding for this is a must. Maybe let the soviets have +3 stealth over the other nations. But than again, that becomes a bias issue.