Reinforcement collisions?

I am wondering if it was smart of me to do the following:

1. have a reinforcement group set to arrive at spot "X" on Turn 4 with probability = 95 %;

2. have three more groups all set to arrive at that same spot "X" on Turn 4 with probability = 10 %.

So far I've only tested the scenario twice, but on the second go around, I had one of those very, very, very rare freeze-ups of CMBB. I am wondering if it happens when two groups get picked to show up on the same spot in the same turn...I don't know if that is allowed by the game engine, and I see no design warning in the manuals.

The first time I tested it, I had no freeze-up, even though one of the 10 % groups showed up on turn 4 and the 95 % group was postponed until Turn 5.

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

I am wondering if it was smart of me to do the following:

1. have a reinforcement group set to arrive at spot "X" on Turn 4 with probability = 95 %;

2. have three more groups all set to arrive at that same spot "X" on Turn 4 with probability = 10 %.

So far I've only tested the scenario twice, but on the second go around, I had one of those very, very, very rare freeze-ups of CMBB. I am wondering if it happens when two groups get picked to show up on the same spot in the same turn...I don't know if that is allowed by the game engine, and I see no design warning in the manuals.

The first time I tested it, I had no freeze-up, even though one of the 10 % groups showed up on turn 4 and the 95 % group was postponed until Turn 5.

Try this. Put the entry points a few meters from each other. The computer will place them where it wants anyway. They don't just come in stacked on the flag. So move the entry points up the road a bit or off to the side a bit and see if that helps your problem.

Panther Commander

...well, that likely wasn't the problem.

When I set all German reinforcements to enter 100 % on Turn 2, without altering their arrival flags, they all showed up, with the ten AFVs even being nicely strung out along the road, which I thought was a nice piece of coding.

Must have just been a random glitch.

Maybe. Although it's entirely possible that 100% reinforcements run through a different part of the code than reinforcements with variable arrival chance.

You might want to try it again with all set to 95%. That should give a high likelihood of collisions while remaining variable.

Good point.

Will do..stay tuned once again...

Originally posted by tar:

Maybe. Although it's entirely possible that 100% reinforcements run through a different part of the code than reinforcements with variable arrival chance.

You might want to try it again with all set to 95%. That should give a high likelihood of collisions while remaining variable.