FO Bug?

Pud

Im not sure if this is a bug or is intentional or it didnt happen like it seemed but here goes;

I had a FO on a hill that had LOS to a building with axis troops. I targeted the building, 2 mins later it began to rain arty. The same turn it began he sent a platoon heading up to my my position. Next turn I began to run my FO away down the other side out of sight and continued to run for the next 3 turns (I didnt cancel target order). During my run I could still control the arty as if I was sitting ontop of the hill with LOS, eg it kept falling and adjusting it only meant about 30sec delay before it commenced again (same as LOS delay).

This makes me think that a gamey tactic would be to place a FO in LOS of target, give the order to fire and then run into safety because you can still control it by remote!

Ok I just did a test to try this out.

A german 81mm spotter in a building with LOS to some woods. I targeted the woods, waited 'till the shells started falling then run back to a spot without LOS to the target area.

I noticed two things:

1.) Once the spotter started to run the spread of the shells impacting the ground became much wider, like firing without LOS.

2.) When I tried to retarget the woods I got the no-LOS-line and the countdown for the arty to react doubled just as usual when targeting areas out of LOS.

So, I don't see any bugs here.

Question: You did get the green targeting line even though your target was out of LOS? Never seen that before.

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]</p>

No didnt get a green line as per LOS retarget but the change in target still only took around 30 seconds, perhaps a little longer but it certainly didnt take double which would have meant no arty for at least 1 round, which didnt happen. I dont have the save file for that turn so I cant check.

Sounds like it isnt an error, given your test. May have been some rare anomaly in either the game or my brain.