Anybody heard from Slapdragon?

Iwas wondering whether anybody has heard from Slapdragon lately. The absence of his usually informative posts has certainly been missed by this particular post reader, even if his style does seem to ruffle some people's feathers from what I've seen in response to his posts wink.gif

I certainly hope his absence is in no way related to the illness he suffered a little while back. Any feedback from someone in the know would be greatly appreciated... and yes Slappy, you're welcome to reply. smile.gif

Regards

Jim R.

He's still around. A couple of months ago, there was a thread saying he had a stroke. I believe he was supposed to play lots of CM, something about memory loss. Better search to learn firsthand. I think the title of that thread was the same as this one, interestingly enough.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

I have recovered from my "stroke" (actually a series of epileptic seizures which coded me and made a bunch of paramedics and my wife get fairly upset). The past month I have been working on a multimedia project in Orlando (to pay off my hospital bills) and finishing a 300 page research paper, but the good news is I will be back to piss off the luddites and even back to playing (look out Cheng -- your first on my list!) in about 15 days!)

I am now back in South Carolina, writing my syllabus with which to inflict 200 young minds with, and generally getting set to return to the University grind.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Iwas wondering whether anybody has heard from Slapdragon lately. <snip> I certainly hope his absence is in no way related to the illness he suffered a little while back.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was worried about the same thing but am happy to report that when I sent him an email to ask if I could use the hamster pictures he posted here, he wrote back and said the only reason for his abscence is that he's been very busy at work. =)

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I have recovered from my "stroke" (actually a series of epileptic seizures which coded me and made a bunch of paramedics and my wife get fairly upset). The past month I have been working on a multimedia project in Orlando (to pay off my hospital bills) and finishing a 300 page research paper, but the good news is I will be back to piss off the luddites and even back to playing (look out Cheng -- your first on my list!) in about 15 days!)

I am now back in South Carolina, writing my syllabus with which to inflict 200 young minds with, and generally getting set to return to the University grind.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aha! See? I told you. =)

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simon Fox:

Gee Slappy you've got your priorities arse-about.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep -- right after my seizure they told me I might not recover full intellectual functioning, making it impossible to do research or play CM -- leaving Medical Research the only field open to me smile.gif.