Time for a separate "All Peng" Forum?

This is my point. First of all, I have to say that I actually like "Pengdom", "Peng Humour" and "Pengness"; I usually have really good laughts with all the threads.

But things are getting quite out of hand. Don´t misread me, guys, but I think everybody will be happier if BTS create a separate "All About my Peng" board. Honestly. No more complaints about excessive "Pengdom" or locked threads because we already have a "Pengelant" going out. No more Blood Hamster AAR misunderstandings. No more "should we ban Peng".

But we will gain quite a bit of freedom. Humourless grogs (said with a huge smile implying "hey, it´s a joke, guys...") will get a wider field ahead, and Pengers a board just waiting their rampaging humoristic chaos.

What you think?

Edit: I don't know how to spell "think".

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: Blenheim ]

Guest Babra

What it needs is a smoother transition from one incarnation to the next. Too much disruption is bad for the forum as a whole.

This is something that desperately needs to be addressed.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Babra:

What it needs is a smoother transition from one incarnation to the next. Too much disruption is bad for the forum as a whole.

This is something that desperately needs to be addressed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apologies to all, and agreed. We have already acknowledged that changes will occur in transitions. This will be worked out completely before the next incarnation. Coming at a time when a number of us just happened to be on, it was not handled smoothly.

MadMatt has previously made a better effort to ensure that only ONE person starts up a new thread. The first thing to do would be locking the current thread straight away, as when he announces a new one should be created, this will inevitably happen without much delay.

I am sure that after this farce, we will be able to ensure that future transitions are better handled.

For now, the last thing we need is another Peng-related thread. I am doing my best to clear things up in BTS's absence.

Can we please let this one go as well.

A separate forum for something that has nothing to do with CM?

Sorry, but I really doubt that you are serious with it.

Maybe some of these wannabee comedians think that they are the "heart and soul" of CM,..they are not.

Most people are irritated by the childish behaviour of the PENG people.

Now, they really think they would rule the whole BB. But I know "...Madmatt likes our humor...".

Me not.

Fred

Seanachai, I am not saying that you Penguers are a bunch of chaotic-evil guys (AD&D reference) who try to demolish the forum. Usually you're quite well-behaved. I was just wondering if the the Peng horde would prefer to have a free place to go wild a roam arround...

Guest Babra

It would help matters if we were to solemnly resolve never to use "the second sacred word" in any unassociated thread titles without the express written permission of the keeper of the sacred words himself.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fred:

A separate forum for something that has nothing to do with CM?

Sorry, but I really doubt that you are serious with it.

Maybe some of these wannabee comedians think that they are the "heart and soul" of CM,..they are not.

Most people are irritated by the childish behaviour of the PENG people.

Now, they really think they would rule the whole BB. But I know "...Madmatt likes our humor...".

Me not.

Fred<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't we all just get along?

Come here and give me a hug.

:D;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blenheim:

Seanachai, I am not saying that you Penguers are a bunch of chaotic-evil guys (AD&D reference) who try to demolish the forum. Usually you're quite well-behaved. I was just wondering if the the Peng horde would prefer to have a free place to go wild a roam arround...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thought of many of the Peng Challenge Thread members allowed to roam free and wild fills me with unspeakable horror. Better they are kept together, in one place, under the eye of their keepers (they are secretly ruled, though they know it not).

Otherwise, thank you for your vote of confidence. ;)