Need feature to play self-made maps in Quick Battles. (to:BTS)

I first time whine something about Combat Mission. I think this game really needs feature to play self-made maps in QBs. How hard could that could be to code? Just a possibility to load map instead of using random generated one.

I know there are ways to play those maps, like sending troop lists to some third person who puts those troops to scenario. But that's too difficult.

Please, maybe in the next patch??

Guys BTS said there wont be any changes like that posable in CM1 you mite have a chance poshing for this when CM2 gets close to releace.

Guest Big Time Software

Wolf, this was originally planned for CM1, but we ran out of time to implement. Rob is right, though, that we have ceased work on adding new stuff to CM1. Gotta get onto CM2 or it'll never happen smile.gif

As for a preview map... this has been discussed many times before. Basically... it is not there on purpose. Realistically, people shouldn't be able to purchase units to exactly fit the terrain they are fighting on. It would also make games less fun, in our opinion, as each side will have "optimal" forces for that particular map. Far better, in our opinion, to have people stuck having to deal with imperfection of force allocation like a real commander. Plus... the AI will never be able to purchase units based on terrain (too complex to code) so the human will always have an advantage vs. the AI or a human using auto purchase.

Steve