why did my .bmp appear all white when i modified it?

okay, what did i do wrong with my bmp editing? both sides are white btw, and the back end bmp opposite the door is unchanged.

300.jpg

301.jpg

ruins.jpg

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 01-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 01-29-2001).]

Because the houses/ house tiles are not 3-dimensional. I.e., if you make wall/roof sections transparent, you will not see "inside" the house but you'll see out the other wall on the other side of the house as if there were no interior. This is probably what's causing the white-outs, or it could be something to do with the resolutions on those bmps the modder used.

Could be the pink transparent areas on adjoining walls are competing/blending together as they each look for the other bmp on the opposite wall.

Hope this helps,

*Tiger*

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 01-29-2001).]

Hmmm...interesting.

Are you sure the necessary file is/has been saved into the BMP folder? It almost looks like the file maybe missing from the folder.

But the question is, isn't the other wall on the other side of the house displaying correctly, or does it turn white when you pan around?

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

Check the dimensions of the original bmp in pixel terms (e.g., 512 X 128 for some armor bmp textures). When you save your revised version bmp, check if the save maintains the original dimensions or if you accidentally "stretched" either the length or width. Even adding one pixel row (e.g. again, 513 X 128) by such a stretch will cause the bmp to blank out.

I've run into that occasion MANY times in bmp mod work.

yep, it was a difference of 3 pixels in height that made it white. thanks guys!

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show