COMBAT MISSIONS: Bad News Folk's

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be more then happy to pay and wouldn't even notice $10.00 a year so that's no problem if that's what it takes to help out. Your site is too good to allow it to go under or down. Just let us know where to send the check. Keep us posted we all are involved here.

The problem is only going to get worse when CM2 comes out, and we will need sites like COMBAT MISSIONS even more. Manx, even though there are other great CM sites around, I think yours hosts more mods than any other except perhaps for CMHQ. The money we contribute to keep your site going in a small way helps those other sites going as well since they would be forced to try to take up the slack if CM's went down. If we don't mind making contributions then you shouldn't feel at all bad about accepting them. The hours of enjoyment I have received and continue to receive from CM more than justify the addional expense as far as I am concerned. Part of what makes CM so great is all the wonderful mods available. All the hard work done by the mod artists would be for naught if there was no place to distribute their mods. I think another great idea would be for BTS to have you run CMHQ, but that is another matter.

Sir,

Manx: CM's is a great bloody site. Let us help you keep it going.

Whats the harm? :confused:

Edit: Hehe.... Id pay anything to see the look on your providers faces, when you toss a wod of cash on their desk, and say in cool voice, "Do you eecept cash?" :D

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: Lord General MB ]

Perhaps along the lines of the Hotline suggestion is to use everyones bandwidth!

Those ip to ip sharing apps would work well here, be it Napster (all but dead), Winmx, Morpheus etc.

The mods would just be pulled of whom ever is online at the time. As long as the file name was kept the same as described and reviewed at combat-missions this will work!!

The only band width going through manxs site would be text and a few images.

My preference would be for Morpheus as it downloads from serveral Ips simultaneously, unlike winmx which is one to one.

This would also mean that Manx could reduce his costs to almost nothing.

The big problem in public funding anything is the funds do dry up, may take a while but it will dry up none the less. We need to find these sort of alternative means of hosting files, rather than patching the problem which will only get bigger when CM2 comes out.

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: Pud ]

Guy's -- i just want to say that i really appreciate all the offers of financial help and moral support you have given.

Over the past day or so i have received numerous offers of practical help and things are currently in the pipeline that may sort out this mess in such a way that it will be to everyone's satisfaction. smile.gif

Hey Pud great idea !! I mean using Morpheus or similar stuff - That will KILL all "space" and bandwidth problems, each modder or "mod store" (like me ;) ) will just have to give links to CM , CMHQ or similar sites.

I was just installing Morpheus on my PC, stupidly the idea didn't strike me :eek: !!

I already have some 90% of all mods in existence, I suppose I'm not alone, so even if there are few of us everything will be easily findable.

Very promising idea so ... smile.gifsmile.gif

Hey, P2P is indeed the best idea! I guess all we would need is to establish some kind of name standart, so we can use the search function of those programs best.

Mh - if we rename them to xyz.mp3, we could even use AudioGalaxy, it's the best P2P software I know.